Applying for uniform grant on promotion

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by all_purple_now, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Looking for a bit of help on this one.

    I have recently been promoted & am entitled to a uniform grant to cover the cost of relacing etc. However, I've apparently got to apply for it, the problem being that I'm struggling to get an answer as to how I go about this.

    Can anyone direct me to a link to the form, an electronic copy of same, or at least the form number so i can request one from the UPO?

    Many thanks in anticipation of any assistance.

  2. Should be done automatically by UPO. Won't work on JPA. They need to get a cheque raised.
  3. The UPO tell me they can do nothing until they get the appropriate paperwork - initially they thought it would be automatic as soon as they saw the promotion signal, but it doesn't appear that this is the case :-(

  4. Not essentially the same, but a related topic.
    Does anyone know if you can claim the £70+ it cost to get medals mounted?
  5. Conf from NPT(Res) should be sufficient. Get them to check their Emails.
  6. Sorry bud, down to you. Uniform upkeep allowance that you receive each year with your bounty!
  7. ta matey, I thought that would be the case, but no harm in trying!
  8. Thanks - I'll get on to them again.

  9. APN. The promotion signal only means you have been selected for promotion, it does not mean you have been confirmed. Hence they cannot act on the signal. After your year long wait NPT(Res) should send a confirmation letter (providing you have not done anything wrong and there is a vacancy) of your promotion, plus you are then formally Gazetted. JPA can then act on this and issue you with the promotion grant.
  10. I've been in the Gazette (Nov 2008) & have had the letter through.

    As I say, I've been told that it's not an automatic JPA issue - have you a reference I can take to the UPO?


  11. APN, Your unit should have received the authorisation letter for the promotion grant. from NPT(Res) Check with your SM. If you still have no luck. Send an email to NPT(Res) for action. If you PM me I can give you the email of the person at NPT(Res) who will sort it out for you.
  12. Update:

    Apparently one needs to fill in JPA F011, and then a cheque will be waiting at the UPO (it can't be paid via the pay account)

    Interestingly, Uniform Upkeep Allowance also appears on this form, which suggests that it won't be coming in with bounty as it has in the past, but will instead need to be claimed for. I'm waiting for confirmation of this, but in the meantime, does anyone know any different?

  13. Took ages and a lot of pestering of JPAC, AO and SM before my lacing allowance got sorted. In the end I think they raised a cheque but it was still unclear. Sadly sometimes you just have to keep on at people to make things happen.

    We had just lost the Wtr staff at that time and this would never have happened if we still had our CWtr - she was excellent (as was the Wtr).
  14. I'm not sure the Writers would make any difference. By the look of it there are a fair number of things that need claiming as cash:

    This all implies it's yet another thing they 'hadn't thought of' with JPA...


Share This Page