Applying for RN and RNR?

I am currently applying to the RNR as a direct entry officer, and have my AIB date coming up soon. After a lot of thought I have decided that if I score highly enough, I would also like to apply for the Royal Navy as a logistics officer, in addition to my interest in the RNR.

If I score highly enough for both logistics and RNR officer, would it be possible to join the RNR and simultaneously put myself forward for logistics officer selection?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
All elements of RNR Officer selection are valid for RN Logistics Officer selection. Unless you intend completing RNR Officer training and serving as an RNR Officer for a few years, it's difficult to imagine why you would want to undergo selection for both simultaneously as the AIB pass would only be valid for a year unless you earn a reserved place.

What would be interesting to find out, is if you were a serving RNR Officer & wished to transfer to the RN as a Logs Officer - would you be in competition with all other Logs Officer aspirants, based on original AIB score & would the AIB pass remain valid?

Well, AIB has come and gone and I passed with a high enough score for entry into the RN as a logistics officer, so I'm well pleased. Thanks for the reply Ninja Stoker.

Do you have to wait for the next selection board now? Or is there chance you could be selected for feb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody confirm whether or not there are different selection boards for different branches? The selection board for me met on Thursday the 6th and I heard on Wednesday the 12th.

Ah fair enough, good luck for that. Originally I went for Pilot but was offered observer so going to accept that. I have my Aircrew medical early next month so if I pass that I'll be at Dartmouth in Feb.