Applying for RMO Role - Made TMU - How Strong is my Case?

KJames

Midshipman
UPDATE: 27/05/21

Just received this letter this morning. Makes me wonder why the doctor feels the need to throw things up the chain when all the medical evidence I have provided clearly shows I fit within the clearance parameters of the latest JSP 950. Why would they do this in spite of that (for reference, see the initial post at the beginning of this thread)?

Dear [redacted],

[redacted] [redacted]

RE: Appointment date: 26/05/2021

I am writing to you following your recent military pre-employment medical as part of your application to enlist or commission in the Royal Navy.

Unfortunately, your application has been placed on hold at this time following review of the medical history we currently hold and the results from your medical appointment.

The reason for this is the following:

Your application has been referred to a senior medical officer for further consideration

Your application is held with a status of Temporarily Medically Unfit and this decision has been made in accordance with the Medical Service Entry standards (JSP 950). All new entrants undergo intensive training, which is both physically and mentally demanding. The Royal Navy has a Duty of Care to all who apply to serve and require that all entrants must be fit to serve anywhere in the World for the duration of their service.

KJames

Midshipman
Although says 'Slopey Shoulders' here, the definition is the same.
Alright, I get it now. The implication being that the Capita doctor is passing the buck so he doesn't have to have any form of responsibility.

KJames

Midshipman
How long have people generally seen things take at this stage, when things are pushed up to the Senior Medical Officer? My own looking around has led from anything from a couple weeks to longer.

fishhead

War Hero
How long have people generally seen things take at this stage, when things are pushed up to the Senior Medical Officer? My own looking around has led from anything from a couple weeks to longer.
If you have low expectations you'll never be disappointed. As you've already guessed there is no definitive time and none of us here are prepared to make a forecast.

KJames

Midshipman
No, there isn't a way to be present for this. Just be patient. It sounds like you've been thorough in presenting the evidence from your GP. This appointment will just be the first time a Capita doctor will have sat down and gone through your case, your evidence, and compared that to the JSP 950 guidelines. If they deem that the evidence you produced is sufficient to satisfy the medical requirements, they will pass you on to the next phase. If they don't think it is sufficient, they will tell you exactly why in your outcome letter. All will become clear when you get that letter. I know how hard it is to sit and wait...I've been going through the process for 14 months now: have been made TMU, PMU, appealed, won the appeal, went to the F2F and made TMU again, presented further evidence, made TMU again waiting more specific evidence, now waiting for the final OK. I know at this point I will pass through just fine, having provided all of the evidence they have asked for satisfactorily, but it has been a very long and very frustrating process. Patience and persistence is the name of the game!
Quick question that came to mind Mart - how long in your case did the SMO take to get through your TMU reviews?

Latest Threads