Applying for RMO Role - Made TMU - How Strong is my Case?

KJames

Midshipman
Absolutely. I've been dealing with Capita back and forth for over a year now, with several different requests "sent off" to my GP. My GP has never once received a letter sent by Capita, and Capita have more than once claimed they never received letters/reports sent back to them. My SOP now is to email and take a hard copy of any Capita request to my GP, ask for a copy of anything my GP sends to them, and then immediately send at least one copy of my own of any GP report to Capita (signed for, recorded, all of that) as a back-up. It saves a lot of time to just automatically send an extra copy that's signed for rather than wait three or four weeks to find out they don't have the original (when I've emailed to ask for confirmation they've received anything, the quickest response I got was three weeks later)
Sounds like a very sensible approach Mart. They can't exactly say they've 'not received' an email that is recorded as being delivered. You'd think they'd just use email as standard. Far less 'lost' mail.

KJames

Midshipman
Absolutely. I've been dealing with Capita back and forth for over a year now, with several different requests "sent off" to my GP. My GP has never once received a letter sent by Capita, and Capita have more than once claimed they never received letters/reports sent back to them. My SOP now is to email and take a hard copy of any Capita request to my GP, ask for a copy of anything my GP sends to them, and then immediately send at least one copy of my own of any GP report to Capita (signed for, recorded, all of that) as a back-up. It saves a lot of time to just automatically send an extra copy that's signed for rather than wait three or four weeks to find out they don't have the original (when I've emailed to ask for confirmation they've received anything, the quickest response I got was three weeks later)
Update: I've just gotten off the phone with my GP and although the documentation Capita needs is marked as 'Completed, the doctor themselves have apparently not handed it back to admin to be sent back and it's been sitting doing nothing for about 6 days now. Honest to God, the phrase 'if you want a job done properly...' comes to mind. As you recommended, I asked for a copy to be scanned and sent to my personal email address.

Martnet

Midshipman
Update: I've just gotten off the phone with my GP and although the documentation Capita needs is marked as 'Completed, the doctor themselves have apparently not handed it back to admin to be sent back and it's been sitting doing nothing for about 6 days now. Honest to God, the phrase 'if you want a job done properly...' comes to mind. As you recommended, I asked for a copy to be scanned and sent to my personal email address.
How frustrating. Make sure you send a hard copy to Capita by recorded post as well as the scanned copy by email. Good luck!

KJames

Midshipman
UPDATE: 19/05/21.

I received this further piece of evidence from the Chartered Clinical Psychologist who ran my ASD reassessment (in the form of a letter) to further strengthen my application:
As you will be aware from my report, [redacted] undertook assessment with my consultancy
practice between September 2020 and February 2021, the results of which indicated that
[redacted] does not meet current criteria for autism or Asperger Syndrome. As part of that
process [redacted] also completed a mental health clinical measure – the PHQ (Patient Health
Questionnaire) – which incorporates a standardized measure for anxiety and a standardized
measure for depression or other mood disorder. Results were negative for any current
presenting concerns.
Additionally, during the various appointments there was no indication from [redacted]'s
behaviour, reporting or completion of any of the measures and processes that he may be
presenting with anxiety or depression.
Whilst I did not then undertake any further detailed assessment specifically exploring
mental health presentation, I can confirm that from the information during the assessment
process I do not have any concerns that [redacted] currently has any mental health difficulties.
It is my understanding that those difficulties he has had in the past are historic, and
resolved.

Civvie dad

Badgeman
My lad has just been made tmu , not for anything major but capita sent us the questionnaire as well as posting it so we can get the doctor to fill it in directly, we’ll find out on Monday as have a appointment with him as to if he’ll do it now or if we have to wait as the surgery has been deemed a Covid center and according to her majesty the receptionist they are too busy to fill out forms , our go isn’t bad and by him making time to see the wife I think there’s a good chance of him sorting it , the wife too has asked for a copy so we can email it to capita and his CA

KJames

Midshipman
UPDATE: 21 May 2021.

I have just received an email titled 'Paper Review Appointment Confirmation' with the following:

Dear [redacted],

A review of your medical notes has been booked for you. Please see details below:

Date: 26/05/2021
Doctor’s Name: [redacted]

Please be advised this is to review your medical paperwork only. You are not required to attend this appointment.

Many thanks
Recruitment Medicals Team

What does this mean? Does this mean my application has not been rejected outright? Is this a good sign? Thank you.

Civvie dad

Badgeman
Think my lad will have the same as just pulled up his medication records and he had a few steroids before the age of 5 but only 1since and his last precautionary inhaler was 2016 so over 4years clear and only 1steriod since 5 as per the forms states, but can see them looking in to it a bit more,we’ll find out either way once the forms are sent off on Monday

Martnet

Midshipman
UPDATE: 21 May 2021.

I have just received an email titled 'Paper Review Appointment Confirmation' with the following:

What does this mean? Does this mean my application has not been rejected outright? Is this a good sign? Thank you.
This is totally normal. It means they've received all the info they need from your medical records and they are now going to review your case. There is nothing you need to do but sit and wait to hear the outcome of this paper review. You'll probably get an email a day or two later (at least that was the case for me for two reviews now). The possible outcomes are: pass on to the next phase (prob the f2f medical in your case?), TMU while they ask for further evidence that whatever has been flagged up is resolved or otherwise not an issue based on JSP 950 guidelines...which means another paper review after gathering that evidence, or PMU. If you're deemed PMU, that is normally an end to your application, but you do have the option to appeal IF you have new/further evidence to present that would change the outcome of the findings. This has been written about extensively in other threads if you search for advice on being made PMU.

KJames

Midshipman
This is totally normal. It means they've received all the info they need from your medical records and they are now going to review your case. There is nothing you need to do but sit and wait to hear the outcome of this paper review. You'll probably get an email a day or two later (at least that was the case for me for two reviews now). The possible outcomes are: pass on to the next phase (prob the f2f medical in your case?), TMU while they ask for further evidence that whatever has been flagged up is resolved or otherwise not an issue based on JSP 950 guidelines...which means another paper review after gathering that evidence, or PMU. If you're deemed PMU, that is normally an end to your application, but you do have the option to appeal IF you have new/further evidence to present that would change the outcome of the findings. This has been written about extensively in other threads if you search for advice on being made PMU.
Thanks for that explanation Mart. It states I am not required to attend this appointment - would there be any way for me to be 'present' (via a telephone) myself?

I have been through the latest JSP 950 thoroughly, and though I may be seeing things the way I want to (admittedly and understandably), the depression aspect that was flagged up would seem to be in my favour. There is no mention whatsoever of it being any more than one episode (which is not noted in my GP's notes (I received a copy of what was sent in), only that it lasted 17 months in total - which is well within the 24-month window. I have also been clear of the medication and symptom free for two years now, and my doctor's note state a full recovery.

Martnet

Midshipman
Thanks for that explanation Mart. It states I am not required to attend this appointment - would there be any way for me to be 'present' (via a telephone) myself?

I have been through the latest JSP 950 thoroughly, and though I may be seeing things the way I want to (admittedly and understandably), the depression aspect that was flagged up would seem to be in my favour. There is no mention whatsoever of it being any more than one episode (which is not noted in my GP's notes (I received a copy of what was sent in), only that it lasted 17 months in total - which is well within the 24-month window. I have also been clear of the medication and symptom free for two years now, and my doctor's note state a full recovery.
No, there isn't a way to be present for this. Just be patient. It sounds like you've been thorough in presenting the evidence from your GP. This appointment will just be the first time a Capita doctor will have sat down and gone through your case, your evidence, and compared that to the JSP 950 guidelines. If they deem that the evidence you produced is sufficient to satisfy the medical requirements, they will pass you on to the next phase. If they don't think it is sufficient, they will tell you exactly why in your outcome letter. All will become clear when you get that letter. I know how hard it is to sit and wait...I've been going through the process for 14 months now: have been made TMU, PMU, appealed, won the appeal, went to the F2F and made TMU again, presented further evidence, made TMU again waiting more specific evidence, now waiting for the final OK. I know at this point I will pass through just fine, having provided all of the evidence they have asked for satisfactorily, but it has been a very long and very frustrating process. Patience and persistence is the name of the game!

KJames

Midshipman
No, there isn't a way to be present for this. Just be patient. It sounds like you've been thorough in presenting the evidence from your GP. This appointment will just be the first time a Capita doctor will have sat down and gone through your case, your evidence, and compared that to the JSP 950 guidelines. If they deem that the evidence you produced is sufficient to satisfy the medical requirements, they will pass you on to the next phase. If they don't think it is sufficient, they will tell you exactly why in your outcome letter. All will become clear when you get that letter. I know how hard it is to sit and wait...I've been going through the process for 14 months now: have been made TMU, PMU, appealed, won the appeal, went to the F2F and made TMU again, presented further evidence, made TMU again waiting more specific evidence, now waiting for the final OK. I know at this point I will pass through just fine, having provided all of the evidence they have asked for satisfactorily, but it has been a very long and very frustrating process. Patience and persistence is the name of the game!
Christ above that sounds like a train wreck. Boggles my mind how you could get to the F2F and be made TMU again. All we can both do right now is keep hustling and be in the best position we can be to receive news, whichever way it goes.

Latest Threads