Apply with an unspent conviction or wait 2 months?

Hi all, first time here!
I want to apply for Royal Marines Commando but i have an unspent conviction for possessing a knife in a public place. I got sentenced to 200 hours unpaid work but that is now all done and my conviction will be spent by july this year so a couple months. My question is am i better off applying now and having this show up or would waiting for it to become spent make my application process easier? And yes im aware that at some point you have to declare ALL convictions spent and unspent for your security clearance.

Im in two minds what to do, on one hand i dont want to wait any longer, on the other hand i dont want to apply with this showing up and it results in me not being able to join or being delayed more than i would be if i just waited.

Thanks guys!

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Hi all, first time here!
I want to apply for Royal Marines Commando but i have an unspent conviction for possessing a knife in a public place. I got sentenced to 200 hours unpaid work but that is now all done and my conviction will be spent by july this year so a couple months. My question is am i better off applying now and having this show up or would waiting for it to become spent make my application process easier? And yes im aware that at some point you have to declare ALL convictions spent and unspent for your security clearance.

Im in two minds what to do, on one hand i dont want to wait any longer, on the other hand i dont want to apply with this showing up and it results in me not being able to join or being delayed more than i would be if i just waited.

Thanks guys!
If you’re a chef, no worries.

Latest Threads