Apply for your HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge

Well I've applied for mine as the missus still thinks I'm James Bond or something like that.
Perhaps a badge with the word 'Veteran' on it will finally convince her that I am actually getting to old for all that stuff.

Curious as to why these aren't issued when you complete your discharge routine. Wouldn't that be a quicker, cheaper, more effective method of issueing them?

SF

I wear mine with pride.

SF I think they have a set criteria for issueing them only a couple of years ago you didnt get it if you left after a certain time....the website has all the intel.

SILVER_FOX said:
Curious as to why these aren't issued when you complete your discharge routine. Wouldn't that be a quicker, cheaper, more effective method of issueing them?

SF
Got issued one when I did my leaving routine from JFH (Cott) then another turned up in the post. My mate did not get one from JFH (Witt)!!

I wear mine to job interviews since getting made redundant - It's not got me a job (yet) But it adds a couple of inches on my height when worn, & thats a big deal for a shortarse like me :w00t:

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I seem to remember that when they were first introduced older vets were dealt with first, no doubt to smooth the admin.