Apply for your HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by heyheysb, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CALLING ALL PERSONNEL WHO HAVE RETIRED FROM RNR OR ABOUT TO RETIRE

All personnel who have served in HM Armed Forces qualify for the HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge.

Individuals can apply for the HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge by downloading it from the Veterans UK website:

http://www.veterans-uk.info/new_badge/badge.html

2. Got one sent to me with my Service Certificate.

3. Wear mine with Pride

4. Well I've applied for mine as the missus still thinks I'm James Bond or something like that.
    Perhaps a badge with the word 'Veteran' on it will finally convince her that I am actually getting to old for all that stuff.

5. Wore mine with a poppy behind it. Very smart.

6. Curious as to why these aren't issued when you complete your discharge routine. Wouldn't that be a quicker, cheaper, more effective method of issueing them?

SF

7. I wear mine with pride.

SF I think they have a set criteria for issueing them only a couple of years ago you didnt get it if you left after a certain time....the website has all the intel.

8. Got issued one when I did my leaving routine from JFH (Cott) then another turned up in the post. My mate did not get one from JFH (Witt)!!

9. Nice to see the system working.

SF

10. I wear mine to job interviews since getting made redundant - It's not got me a job (yet) But it adds a couple of inches on my height when worn, & thats a big deal for a shortarse like me :w00t:

11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I seem to remember that when they were first introduced older vets were dealt with first, no doubt to smooth the admin.