apply for commando and officer?

hey fellas, im in a bit of a sticky situation ive already started applying to become and officer in the corps, i have my interview and phsycometric tests in sepetember. but my A -level grades arnt looking too good, i havtn had the results yet, but will no by august, but from what i have done, it seems unlikely that i will get onto my A2 courses.

Either way i will not let my grades stop me from getting into the corps. I was wandering because it takes a while for your application to complete, test, ect, etc. i was wondering if you can apply to become a marine at the same time? to speed things up, it would save me waiting another year to apply for this.

any view are apprieciated, cheers lads

the_matelot

War Hero
StixJimboRM said:
Let me see ... if I were applying to be a Royal Marines Officer I may have written your post a bit like this ......

Hey fellas, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation, I've already started applying to become and Officer in the Corps. I have my interview and phsycometric tests in Sepetember. But my A -level grades aren't looking too good, I haven't had the results yet, but will know by August, but from what I have done it seems unlikely that I will get onto my A2 courses.

Either way I will not let my grades stop me from getting into the Corps. I was wondering, because it takes a while for your application to complete, test, ect, etc. (i was wondering - not needed) if you are able apply to become a Marine at the same time, to speed things up? I feel that it would save me waiting another year to apply for this.

Any view are apprieciated, cheers lads

There, thats my view (you did say any view appreciated) - you need a basic command of written English to become an Officer in the Royal Marines, so I think you may be right - perhaps your A-Level grades aren't going to be good enough.
Stix,

Give the lad a break. Anyway, there are numerous grammatical errors in your posting anyway so you can hardly criticise someone else for the same mistakes :roll:

Jersey, your grammar IS shocking though for a potential RM Officer!

airy-fairy

Lantern Swinger
StixJimboRM said:
jersey said:
hey fellas, im in a bit of a sticky situation ive already started applying to become and officer in the corps, i have my interview and phsycometric tests in sepetember. but my A -level grades arnt looking too good, i havtn had the results yet, but will no by august, but from what i have done, it seems unlikely that i will get onto my A2 courses.

Either way i will not let my grades stop me from getting into the corps. I was wandering because it takes a while for your application to complete, test, ect, etc. i was wondering if you can apply to become a marine at the same time? to speed things up, it would save me waiting another year to apply for this.

any view are apprieciated, cheers lads
Let me see ... if I were applying to be a Royal Marines Officer I may have written your post a bit like this ......

Hey fellas, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation, I've already started applying to become and Officer in the Corps. I have my interview and phsycometric tests in Sepetember. But my A -level grades aren't looking too good, I haven't had the results yet, but will know by August, but from what I have done it seems unlikely that I will get onto my A2 courses.

Either way I will not let my grades stop me from getting into the Corps. I was wondering, because it takes a while for your application to complete, test, ect, etc. (i was wondering - not needed) if you are able apply to become a Marine at the same time, to speed things up? I feel that it would save me waiting another year to apply for this.

Any view are apprieciated, cheers lads

There, thats my view (you did say any view appreciated) - you need a basic command of written English to become an Officer in the Royal Marines, so I think you may be right - perhaps your A-Level grades aren't going to be good enough.

Look out, the spelling police are back......... :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

lol, sorry about that guys, i was in a hurry, i just looked back and realised that it may spelling may need some attention!! thanks for pointing that out.

haha I will try to keep out of the way of the grammer police next time! lol

lol no worries sticks :thumright: lol

What do you think though? Would it be best if I apply to be a Marine aswell? because i'm seriously thinking what is going to be better

cheers pal :thumright: