Applied as AET..

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by SWIFTY, Feb 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Applied as AET but starting to think otherwise, Really love the thought of joining the marines but feel my fitness isn't at the highest of standards and thats going to need a lot of work to pass the PRMC I don't mind PT and I feel I could achieve it (alright saying that now haha), but I was also applying as a Mine Clearance Diver, don't know what made me change my mind but I did and am starting to regret it! Im now stuck what to do stay down the AET path, Change application to MCD if thats possible? or go down the marine root... such a big decision! if I joined as an AET or MCD and then decided 3-4 years down the line I want to be RM is there anyway of changing? I know about the All Arms Commando Course but the chances of me getting to do that as an AET are slim... if anyone has any advise it would be appreciated
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you want to be a bootie, you've got to be fit and determined. Thinking you will do well is not good enough. Train hard and harder still. No doubt some Booties will be along soon to put you right.

What dress size are you?
  3. Tbh bar the fitness (at the moment) I think I've got what it takes literally the only reason I didn't apply for them was parental backing as I was 17. Tbh I think I have made my mind up and always have since day 1 that I wanted to be in the marines, and now I'm 18 they can't say anything thanks for your help anyways SJRM_RN
  4. If you go Jungly aka Mk7 lynx/Mk3 Merlin/Mk4 Seaking you'll have more chance to do the AACC
  5. Don't come Junglie, Can't be arsed dealing with another scrote who doesn't give a damn about the job he's doing. Stay civvie.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Applied for AET?
    Enjoy the wait.
  7. Junglie_killick, cheers.
  8. Patrick it is possible then?!

Do you choose what aircraft you want to work on after basic then or do you just "get what your given"
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  9. Language that man. Refering to the "Coveted" in such a way, did a double take as I thought I was next door for a moment there (in a Para thread)
  10. WAFUs are gay and are scared of water.
    Booties are gay for fun.
    Divers dress like models from gay magazines.

You're gay aren't you?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Join as a writer.

That's a branch brim full of daydreaming button lancers who have no idea of either what they are doing or want to do.

You'll fit right in.
  12. By the time you come to choose you'll probably have the choice as Merlin MK3 for Junglie, not many get 847 sqn.

Just ignore most of the noobs on here obviously as sharp as a blunt pencil.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  13. Swifty, top tip. Ignore Patrick. Not only is he incapable of basic bladder control but he is also a chippy red arse who is thicker than a downers forehead.
  14. MLP stop spinning shit dits to newbies about a branch you obviously know nothing about you salty spunkbucket.
  15. As you are yet to get sand on your boots, salt on your shoulders and a badge on your arm, a hong on your chest or even a chest to pin it on, you are unqualified to speak on anything other than basic training and how to hide a swamped mattress from your oppos.

For over a decade I've watched AEMs and then AETs try to get cabs both FW and RW serviceable so we can fly them.

This doesn't particularly annoy me anymore as no aircraft means more tea and uckers.
  16. Blackrat

Quite right too. We all know that Monty knows the square root of **** all about the Navy. You are quite correct to point this out.
  17. It's true, only last week I mistakenly referred to our drafting system as a load of old horsecock which panders to sick bay rangers and sea and ops dodging twats, it turns out I was wrong. Thankfully a Commander was on hand to remind me it was fair, impartial and completely without fault.

I was similarly embarrassed by a Captain with regard to Naval PR and training for the wrong war.

I'm keeping quiet from now on.
  18. Blackrat

It's for the best mucker. Maybe when you've got a bit more experience under your belt you should comment. Patrick may wet the bed, but he's clearly a man of experience. You should PM him for advice.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Drier than a nuns twot, as usual :)

BTW - it's not drafting anymore, it's an assignment. You know **** all about the RN. Red-arse.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Gone RM just thought id let you all know, giving it a shot, have my medical 24th... passed my mock fitness test so things up until PRMC are looking good....