Applications have been forwarded to the A.I.B

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Pippa0226, May 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I received this email 7 days ago:

What does this mean?? That they are considering whether I will even get to go to the A.I.B or are they just considering dates that I could go on as I have exams at the moment? I haven't heard anything else from them since I received this email, and am concerned as to what is happening with my application...

can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks
    Pippa

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming you already know that you meet eligibility for the job with regard age, gender, medical suitability, financial status, criminal record, nationality, residency, recruiting test scores & academic attainment, then just remove the words "for consideration" from the above text, sit back, chill, revise...and wait for an AIB date.

3. Pippa,

If you weren't being considered for an AIB place then your forms wouldn't have been sent on to them, would they now?

No mystery here - It means what it says on the label; seven days seems too short to expect any more news just yet.

As you have exam dates lined up one must presume that you have already informed your CA of your 'unavailability'. It's only logical to assume that he/she would then have notified the AIB accordingly.

OTOH If you have not made your 'unavailability known, I'd suggest that you do so soonest.

4. Excuse my bluntness. Common dog of a rocking horse.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Excused. (I'd guess either blonde or ginger.:-|)

6. Her avatar may be more pertinent than she thinks.

7. Everything is fine, don't worry. Keep your phone at hand though, because they will send you a text to confirm your AIB. It's part of the SDSR - the Andrew can't afford stamps like they used to be able to.
    Turns out a contract with Vodafone with unlimited texts is a much more economic way of informing POCs of their impending AIB.

This is a joke. Please don't wait by your phone...

Last edited: May 21, 2011