Application

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Chicogiz, Nov 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey ive got a application and leaeing school in may next year could i still do my application while at school?

Many Thanks
    Luke

2. why not?

3. I don't know.

4. ok lol

5. how old are you and that will give us a better picture?

6. I'm 29, foa ... You?

7. Give or take a few years :)

8. not you....the lad who wants to apply. This forum is just full of psstakers i think :crash: i dont mind though.its saturday night :thumright:

9. I'm sure Chico asked this one about a year ago :)

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

OK sensible answer time:

You may start your application to join the services from the age of 15 years & 9 months with your parent/guardian's permission. No permission, no go.

You MAY NOT join the service until after the last GCSE for your year 11 group has been completed. (Usually around June 30th). It does not matter whether the individual is taking GCSE's, is suspended, expelled or considers themselves to have left school, you cannot join before the end of year 11 for your age group.

Most would be advised to start the selection process sooner rather than later, when eligible, to avoid a long wait (sometimes up to 2 years) after finishing education.

And yes, it has been asked before by Chico & I see a contradiction on the horizon;

11. Chico does your mum want to join the RN?
    Maybe you could join together

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Since the upper age limit to join the RN is now 36, it's only a matter of time before we get a Mother/Son/Father/Daughter combo joining on the same date.

It'll certainly make things interesting if the offspring is made the class leader!

13. How old are those Welbeck kids? 15ish?

14. They're sixth formers so 16-18ish (entry requirement is actually between 15 and 17.5 in the September of year of entry). Candidates are 15/16ish when they do the service selection boards. My lad is there as a crab student in his second year and I went there when it was just army many many moons ago.

Welbeck's website