Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Mitch, Mar 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thanks for everyone's replies to my question on ships.

On another topic though, I went to my AFCO today to sort out my application. It was basically a presentation on the whole Navy and i was the only one there applying for RM officer (the other guy inquiring into the Royal Marines as a South African who had already applied). Basically the Sailor said i could apply for a 6th form bursary now before i take my GCSEs and chance it, I could wait until i get my GCSE results and then apply or go to uni and then apply. Personally i don't want to pay for uni so i asked about further education whilst in and he said it was possible but difficult.
    Anyway, i just wanted to know if there is a limit on the number of times you can attempt the POC because if i try and fail after applying before GCSEs then i would apply afterwards and if that fails apply again after maybe a year training or or university?
  2. If you fail they'll give you an indication as to how long a reaosnable wait will be. At your age then a year would be about standard, unless you make a complete mess of it and they say don't bother at all.
  3. Ok so in effect as long as i don't really stuff up i can try as many times as i like?
    The thing is I want to join as soon as possible and if I could get a bursary for 6th form then that would be even better.
  4. I think there is a maximum number of attempts.