Application

I applied on march to join the navy and was expecting a call for an interview, but i never got a call for a date, so i re applied and said i can't apply again so i called my local branch and they said i have to cancel my current role or reapply, but whenever i reapply it says i can't because of my current application, now i'm stuck and don't know what to do

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Odds are, if you check your email junk or spam folder, there may be an email inviting you to sit the recruit test.

If you've already sat and passed the recruit test, awaiting an interview, then the correct etiquette is to call or call into the AFCO to enquire rather than submit several concurrent applications. If you have sat and passed the test and just want to change the job for which you are applying call-in or ring your AFCO.

Generally, once an application is completed and submitted online, the AFCO will ring you, book your recruit test, email you and text a reminder - usually within a week or two upon receipt of the application from our data handling company. In the event the AFCO has not received your application call the helpline 03456 07 55 55 to request your application is handed-off to your local AFCO.

The online application system will only accept three applications, after which, you have to call the number above.

The AFCO is closed until Tuesday, incidentally.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It would be easier, face to face, to explain.
It usually is.

We often get calls from people saying they are awaiting an interview when in actual fact, they have not even sat the recruit test.

Just to compound the issue, if they sit the test and fail to score enough for their chosen job, they are given the option to resit at a later date and/or given a list of alternative jobs which they can continue their application - after doing a bit of research on the choices available.

In many cases the applicant changes their mobile phone number or gives us a parent's number,, provides their parent's email address instead of their own, doesn't check their emails, etc., etc.

yeah i tried the test and completely failed the mathematics one, i'll make sure to revise a bit before asking for a recruitment test

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
yeah i tried the test and completely failed the mathematics one, i'll make sure to revise a bit before asking for a recruitment test
No i haven't got an invitation for that yet
This is getting a bit like a Vicar of Dibley script: "No, no, no, no. Yes". :D

One assumes, probably unwisely, we are talking about the online practice test or the practice test booklet?

If so, then there's not much point submitting an application if you are not ready to sit the real test yet as that is the first thing you do after submitting an application.

You should be able to log-in and view your online application, if you've already registered and created a username: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/application/?commcode=TV-00

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I have work saturday and sunday, start at 12-6 so i can't really pop in, plus i have college work on top of that
The AFCO is shut Sat & Sun anyway.

Going back to the initial post in this thread, have you actually fully completed an online application or just registered an interest? If you have fully completed an online application then just cal 03456 07 55 55 to make any changes.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My son had to travel over 1000 km (and back again) several times during the application process to meet with his AFCO, have his medical, eye test, PJFT and PRNC.

Put some effort in and make that 20 minute trip!
Quite.

Reminds me of the guy from New Zealand who flew to UK twice and failed the recruit test twice. The first time I felt like crying for him, the second time I took issue with the hole he was causing in the ozone layer.

photface

Lantern Swinger
It usually is.

We often get calls from people saying they are awaiting an interview when in actual fact, they have not even sat the recruit test.

Just to compound the issue, if they sit the test and fail to score enough for their chosen job, they are given the option to resit at a later date and/or given a list of alternative jobs which they can continue their application - after doing a bit of research on the choices available.

In many cases the applicant changes their mobile phone number or gives us a parent's number,, provides their parent's email address instead of their own, doesn't check their emails, etc., etc.
Is it really that difficult to keep in touch with applicants? You'd think they would be as accurate as possible and keep the lines of communication open if they really wanted the job? I'm just a bit surprised that some people would be so blasé.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk