Application 'Withdrawn'

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Doppelganger, Sep 8, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anyone greater and wiser than I shine some light on this situation drinks are on me!!

So my deal is; Passed FATs, med forms sent off to Cranwell, came back a no which Im totally fine with. Then came a month wait for my FMed (?) to come back to my AFCO so their doc can give me the go ahead for Comms Tech. I was then told, at the beginning of August that, he was on leave until September so it'll be a wait.

Now I called this morning and was told that during the last month my application has been 'withdrawn' due to lack of communication between myself and my AFCO. Im pretty livid with this after being told there was nothing that could be done during that time.

Is this withdrawl final and if so is there anyone I can take it to reguarding any recourse or am I going to have to go through the whole application again??
  2. That seems a bit harsh, especially as they will have spent money on you getting to this stage. Maybe phone back now it has sunk in and ask for the reasoning and if you have any options?
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Chillax, a "Withdrawn" application is simply made "Active" with a single click on a mouse.

Best way to communicate with your AFCO in such instances is via email. (AFCO contact details on AFCO link below), so you have the traditional "auditable trail", if necessary. All you need do, is send a polite, brief email similar to your first paragraph, outlining the background and requesting an update on your status with regard your application to join as a Comms Tech.

Avoid getting overly emotional if possible. Very often candidates change addresses, mobile phone numbers and email addresses, so if they try to contact you and there is no immediate response, the default setting is routinely "withdraw", as it is easily re-activated.

Appreciate it's very frustrating. Nowadays with KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) snapping at everyone's heels if an application isn't moved forward at the earliest opportunity, it is often easier to withdraw a candidate pending contact. The alternative is for your AFCO get carpeted for not processing faster.

Burp, Cheers.
  4. Thanks guys!

Update: Called my AFCO 3 times today, after what feels like being given the run around, to be told that whats happened is final and that it'll have to come from higher powers to have my application reopened. Apparently there has been 'zero' contact throughout and this is why, even though in my call log I have 4 calls between recieving the letter saying I had failed my aircrew medical from Cranwell and being told 'theres nothing further can be done till the doc sees your Fmed forms' (quotation marks used sparingly) So the situation apparently is; Apply from the start again, all my tests and medicals are 'still in time' or take it up whatever tree and run with it.

If I do apply again will this 'Re-apply' look bad on my application? also will my waiting time be reset or will I effectively be joining the queue where I left??

Thanks again people!!
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Which part of "send an email" caused confusion?

As it is, I guess you've got your answer, albeit not necessarily as you may have wished. Two sides to every story & I'm not about to make a judgement either way.

What I would say is that paper applications are usually not retained due to data protection and any fresh application after 01 June this year must be made online, so whilst it may seem you are being put back to square one, all transferable selection elements remain valid as advised.
  6. Thanks NS. Granted not the answer I was looking for but all is not lost.