Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Application rejection cooldown dramas

HO0098

Midshipman
Hi all,

Having a drama here.
I applied to the RN last year as I'd left the Army, hated the 9-5 grind and wanted another go but in blue this time.
I had to withdraw my app because I couldn't sign the rehab of offenders act and the WO said no worries just re apply when your conviction is spent.

It's now spent, I've logged on to my dashboard and I'm getting a ' This application is no longer active and you are not yet allowed to reapply. Please come back after 15/11/2020 ' message.

I know it's only 5 months but my life has been a constantly increasing shit show the last year and I was pinning a lot of hope on escaping to the RN as soon as possible.

Two questions;
Is this cooldown limited to the role I originally applied for? As I want a different role anyway, or is it Navy wide.
If I ring the AFCO and tell that WO whats going on, would he be able to square me away and get me in as I never got rejected I withdrew, or is this a 'genuine computer says no mate' deal?

Cheers in advance.

There are no recruiters on here to give advice. The best bet is contact the recruiter that you last spoke to and ask the questions of him.

Hi all,

Having a drama here.
I applied to the RN last year as I'd left the Army, hated the 9-5 grind and wanted another go but in blue this time.
I had to withdraw my app because I couldn't sign the rehab of offenders act and the WO said no worries just re apply when your conviction is spent.

It's now spent, I've logged on to my dashboard and I'm getting a ' This application is no longer active and you are not yet allowed to reapply. Please come back after 15/11/2020 ' message.

I know it's only 5 months but my life has been a constantly increasing shit show the last year and I was pinning a lot of hope on escaping to the RN as soon as possible.

Two questions;
Is this cooldown limited to the role I originally applied for? As I want a different role anyway, or is it Navy wide.
If I ring the AFCO and tell that WO whats going on, would he be able to square me away and get me in as I never got rejected I withdrew, or is this a 'genuine computer says no mate' deal?

Cheers in advance.

Which role have you applied for?

Can you fathom out why the date given is specifically November 15th 2020?

There are no recruiters on here to give advice. The best bet is contact the recruiter that you last spoke to and ask the questions of him.

I know it's a long shot but I'm more so hoping to find another recruit/ serving bod who has had this drama and can shed some experience

Which role have you applied for?

Can you fathom out why the date given is specifically November 15th 2020?

Originally applied for AET

Bit of a mystery but I'm going to go out on a limb and say paper/onlinework of my application withdraw wasn't sent and the app was rejected after so many months due to seemingly no contact

Originally applied for AET

Bit of a mystery but I'm going to go out on a limb and say paper/onlinework of my application withdraw wasn't sent and the app was rejected after so many months due to seemingly no contact

I think that the best thing will be to ring the number for the AFCO this morning for clarification Do you have the number you need?

So you'd take the word of a fellow recruit over AFCO!!! Mmmmm.

Take advice of a recruit over AFCO? No.
Take an insight from someone who's been in the exact position when I dont as of yet have AFCO advice? Yes.

Not sure if you're just thick or if theres something more clinically wrong. If the latter my apologies to your carer.
Mmmmm.

Take an insight from someone who's been in the exact position when I dont as of yet have AFCO advice? Yes.

Not sure if you're just thick or if theres something more clinically wrong. If the latter my apologies to your carer.
Mmmmm.
Not everyones circumstances are identical. So I maintain my comment. Contact AFCO. You will get the party line and not a story from someone who may - just may happen to have omitted some essential process.

My meds are up to date thank you.

Hi all,

Having a drama here.

Two questions;

Cheers in advance.
I have a friend who've applied and got the same msg that says come back in November.

Mmmmm.
I went to school with a lad who used to eat dog biscuits.

Hope this helps?!

Ignore waspie, he just needs another dose.

Latest Threads