Application References

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by richards8610, Oct 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I don't know anyone who can be used as a reference on my application. I have one reference who is my current employer, any ideas what to do with regards to the 2nd?

2. It has to be someone who has known you for at least 5 years. And is a professional, i.e. Policeman, teacher, judge, lawyer. Surely you must know someone like this. But remember it can't be a relative.
  3. the only person i can think of is my doctor, but ive only been registered there for two years? or my tutor from college but again i've only known him a year
  4. You must the the real "Billy no mates" then.
  5. I asked my friends Mum who is a Nurse. Maybe ask you're friends parents if you know them, and they have a professional job?
  6. I know someone who is a retired midwife, would she be ok to do it?
  7. i went to school 7 years ago, i didnt think that i could go that far back in time?

i'll just put my college tutor from last year but i only knew him for 6 months
  8. I used my next door neighbour, she is a nurse and we have lived at the address for 19 years. Good luck finding a reference!
  9. I get this problem now and then when job searching.

I just use my initiative.
  10. Exactly, Guzzler.

You did get into the RN but this OP is only at the 'trying to get in' stage and 'hadn't thought of that'.

Been said before but this site definitely needs a gianagorous spoon-feeder emoticon.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those who cannot find just two people willing to vouch for their reliability, integrity, trustworthiness, honesty, effective intelligence & initiative, the reason we require two references in the first place will become painfully apparent.
  12. I have decided to use my college tutor, handed in on monday :)

as someone earlier said....just use initiative
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done that chap.

Help yourself to a medal from the bucket. :wink: