Application questions

Discussion in 'RFA' started by benyboy98, Jan 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What questions do they ask you when you phone up the RFA to ask for a application form? I know they ask for GCSE results but what else do they ask

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They ask, "Would you like an application form?" and "What's your name and address?"
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Because I haven't got my GCSE results yet, I phoned up for an application and they said need to ask some questions to your if you eligible to join

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You are not eligible to join at present! Ring them up when you have your GCSE results.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  5. Benyboy

Are you in the Sea Cadets?
  6. Na soleil

7. They will ask you questions to assess whether you're eligible to apply. They will ask your date of birth, address, nationality. they'll also check your residence status ie how long you've lived in the UK and whether you've been overseas etc. Then they will ask you your GCSE results in maths, science and English. If you meet all the eligibility requirements they will send you an application form.

As you know, you're currently not eligible to apply - so you won't get very far in your application at the moment.
  8. Okay thanks that's all the information I need for now just need to focus on my exams and fitness so when the time comes I will be able to join

9. Don't worry too much about fitness, there's no fitness requirement for the RFA. Just make sure you're a healthy weight so you can pass the ENG1 medical. No harm in being fit though, it'd certainly make BRNC much easier and less of a shock to your body. Plus the RN will make you do the fitness tests at BRNC but failing them doesn't mean you get binned.
  10. Think about joining the Sea Cadets while you are waiting to reach the age when you can apply.

Home - Sea Cadets