application on hold

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wil5924, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Applyed to join the royal navy as submariner marine engineer in february 2009.I sat test in feb and had medical and eye examination in march 2009.Security clearance in april.Unfortunatly i had to put my application on hold until november 2009.When i go back to my careers officer next month can you tell me whether or not i will have to do any of these processes again due to the time lapse.Also what would i need to re-do e.g eye test.medical,interview and what sort of month would i be looking at getting a start date for raleigh.My careers adviser has said that i won't have to go to the back of the queue because i put my application on hold.Is this true.thanks for your help
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

When you re-start an application, you can generally expect to repeat any elements of selection if they are time expired, looking at your application dates, depending your age, you can expect to undergo Selection Interview, PJFT & if under 18, or there was a medical issue at the time, you may need to be passed medically fit again.

Waiting times for ET(WESM) & ET(MESM) are about 4 months, so even though the wait will start again, it is hardly a long period compared to most other trades.
  3. i am 30 years of age.would i have to redo my medical.i was medically fit and have never had any issues at al.thanks for your time
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The medical will remain valid. As long as you kept your AFCO updated when you suspended the application before they sent the PJFT letter, then you will just need an update interview & to complete the pjft if you haven't already.