Application...how long??

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
Hi just wondering how long it takes from when your application form goes in till things start happening....just i want to get into a bit better shape and stop smoking altogether.

cheers all...
sarcy /funny comments welcome :D

Gazza82

Lantern Swinger
Depends how quick you can complete all tests and interview... Then Depending on when they can get you into Raleigh for Phase 1.

I know its not a big help but last time I applied, I gave my application feb 07 had a slow start and my entry date was in may 08.

Though like I said it varies mate... :D

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
im stopping the horrible habit....i am running and swimming and everything else possible. done the 2.5km run in enough time...just dont want to go full steam ahead when im not feeling 100% confident with my pyhsique/ability...perhaps being over cautious but better to be safe than sorry

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
Thats what im thinking...reading the brochure/website....the fitter you are the more u will enjoy raleigh...i dont want to be worrying about running or circuts everyday...as i am sure there is enough things to worry about.

so you reckon i got a couple of months(approx) to get sorted after i hand it in??

I began applying in July and I have already been through and passed the PT, medical, eye test and I have my PJFT in a few weeks, and then the interview following. It has all been rather quick, as I do not finish my degree until summer '10! Though my AFCO did say if I get a date for Raleigh before I have finished my degree I can "postpone" it. You wait now Ive written this I'llstill be waiting for a date in summer '11!!

NZ_Bootneck said:
As soon as you put the envelope in a post box things start happening.
First Postman Pat rocks up and opens the box, empties the box, locks the box and heads back off to the Sorting Office where the post is sorted into a bag that will be taken to another sorting office close to its destination.
Shortly the bag is put on a truck which hares along to the other Sorting Office, see above. It's sorted again then another Postman Pat starts his round.
As you're probably not the only person applying to join the Royal Navy at the moment there will probably be quite a lot of letters in his sack so he'll probably go in a van to deliver the shed load of applications to some poor sod who has to try and dechyper the Text speak dyslexic scrawl on the food stained, hair product spattered, creased up form that some applicants will no doubt think acceptable to send.
Sod's Law dictates that your form will arrive on a Friday preceeding a Bank Holiday Monday and will be on the bottom of the pile.
Get used to waiting, it's all part of Life in a Blue Suit.
But there's no time like the present to get started on your physical, the fitter you are the less you'll worry about Fitness Tests and PT during Training.
One less worry during Training gives you time to fret that your kit is in sh!$ order! :D
Get cracking on both application and Physical. Good luck
Crikey i'm not sure i would have put in so much effort replying!!! 8)

NZ_Bootneck said:
X.R.D said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
First Postman Pat rocks up and opens the box, empties the box, locks the box and heads back off to the Sorting Office where the post is sorted into a bag that will be taken to another sorting office close to its destination.
Shortly the bag is put on a truck which hares along to the other Sorting Office, see above. It's sorted again then another Postman Pat starts his round.
As you're probably not the only person applying to join the Royal Navy at the moment there will probably be quite a lot of letters in his sack so he'll probably go in a van to deliver the shed load of applications to some poor sod who has to try and dechyper the Text speak dyslexic scrawl on the food stained, hair product spattered, creased up form that some applicants will no doubt think acceptable to send.
Sod's Law dictates that your form will arrive on a Friday preceeding a Bank Holiday Monday and will be on the bottom of the pile.
But there's no time like the present to get started on your physical, the fitter you are the less you'll worry about Fitness Tests and PT during Training.
One less worry during Training gives you time to fret that your kit is in sh!$ order! :D
Crikey i'm not sure i would have put in so much effort replying!!! 8)
The missus was watching some Medical show with a bint having Brain surgery, I got as far as the drill going in then suddenly lost interest :oops: . Well it was either that or my tea! :cry:
I think it's important that these things are explained to Young Thrusters as they probably don't get those Ladybird Books that explain about peoples jobs anymore, I had the time so it was no hardship. :D
Mate i can't stand the sight of blood!!! I was on a remote medics course a few years ago in Hereford and we had to disect a Pigs eye..........i wasn't happy one bit!!! :oops: Funny how i can deal with trauma without batting an eyelid though!!! :roll:

ladybird books as in Matlot blue hat and Billy bootneck and his green hat??? :wink:

NZ_Bootneck said:
Funniy enough I'm OK with claret and bits of bodies not being where they should be in reality, it's just watching it on TV that turns my stomach. :dontknow: :pale: :pukeright:
Weird innit. Seen a few sights as i'm sure you have but give me a scalpel and ask me to disect an eyeball and i'm a jibbering spakka!!!

Mlaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

pugfrom83

Lantern Swinger
NZ_Bootneck said:
Spoken like a true "postie" NZ. :wink:

Montigny_La_Palisse said:
X.R.D said:
i'm a jibbering spakka!!!

Mlaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr
That right there is the most accurate thing you've ever posted.
Yeah your mum jibbered like a spakka when i placed my pork sword up her wrongun aswell!!! 8)

And so it continues!!!