application form

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by radiowire, Jul 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I send photo copies of my documents (GCSEs, birth certificate), as I'm posting it and don't want to lose them? Or should I hand it in with the original docs?
  2. I didn't even need to show them until the RT and they photocopied them. Unless it's changed, of course.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

What does it say on the form?
  4. I'm pretty sure it explains that in the guide book for the app. form, but anyway, photocopies = no.

Maybe send them recorded delivery or take them in person.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Don't send any original certificates or official documents. You will need to produce the original documents when you undergo the Recruiting Test. The AFCO will take copies & give you the originals straight back.
  6. Yea, thaks guys, no photocopies so I'll just take it in person.
  7. I shouldn't hand in the original documents with the application then?
  8. I did my RT earlier this month and had to take the originals with me then. When i sent the application form i just wrote the info that was requested in the form.

I think it is still the same so don't send any of your originals in with your application form.
  9. 8O 8O 8O 8O
  10. there's a difference between sending the original documents and handing them in, I don't know whether Ninja is advocating not sending them because they might get lost or because they aren't needed at this stage.
    No worries though, I'll just take both the originals and copies when I hand it in and speak to them about it.
  11. Hi,

You do not need to send or take any forms of ID when applying. You will be asked to take all forms of ID to your Recruiting test. Th AFCO staff will then copy everything you take and stamp/sign it saying that they have sighted the original documents.

Hope this helps

12. janner

Are you sure?
  13. I got asked for ID and other documents when I had my RT, so he speaks the truth!
  14. Absolutely

SM :)
  15. janner

Sometimes its to easy :roll: :wink:
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, reckon you got them fair'n'square Janner. :lol: