application form

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by werqpr, Oct 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I posted my application form back last tuesday, does anybody know when the AFCO will contact me to arrang the RT? just wondering because I might have to do some work away from home, but if I can prove I've got an appointment of some sort my guv will let me stay on the job cloest to home.

2. Phone the AFCO and tell them when you will or will not be available for the RT. Or alternatively ask them for a specific date and I am sure they will be more than accommodating. Most AFCO's only conduct the RT once per week, so be as flexible as you can.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Totally agree.

Bear in mind also that there may well be up to 4 weeks from submitting an application form to actually sitting the test depending how busy your local AFCO actually is.

As indicated by Drakey, it's no good stating you cannot do Thursdays if your AFCO only conducts tests on Thursdays, but every effort is made to try and accommodate those in full time employment.

4. ok thanks for that, I think I'll leave it for a few weeks and if I dont hear any thing after a fortnight I'll give them a call, I woul imagine my AFCO is quite a busy office because it's in central London :money:

5. Nope you would be shocked. I go to AFCO London and i gave my application in, 3 days later i done my test.

6. It would do you no harm to ring them now, Post Office are always losing stuff.

Also ringing them will show that you are keen and may mean that you get your RT test earlier.

SM

:nemo:

7. Agreed with your comment on Post Office losing stuff and I work for Royal Mail currently!!

8. Handed mine in personally (paranoid about Royal Mail), within two days i had a reply inviting me to the RT.

9. Same here mate.