Application for early termination - not being actioned

Discussion in 'UPO' started by RedRum, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I'm an RM SNCO, have served 11 years and have no outstanding RoS to complete. I submitted my application for early termination on JPA last week and had it bounced back to me by my CSM who commented that It won't be possible to action it as I'm currently deployed (and will be until March).
    He reckons I need to have my CO's interview within the '30-day JPA workflow-window' (which won't be possible), so will need to re-submit it when I return to the UK.

I've a couple of questions I wouldn't mind some help with:
    1) Is he right?
    2) What happens to this application if it doesn't get actioned in 30 days?
    3) If I have to re-apply in March, will the date of my original resignation (last week) be used?

Cheers.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Evening RedRum,

Welcome to RR. I dont know whether you're a member of Arrse as well but it may be worth posting the question over there as well.

Best of luck.

3. Thats strange cause i submitted my notice on JPA when i was on Herrick 7, i had OCs interview in Afghan then i had COs interview a few months after i got back to the UK. Quite a few lads submitted their notice while on tour and never had this problem.

4. Thanks for the steer Jim, that sounds good.
    My OC/Unit is in the UK so I'll look into getting an interview with someone else which should be ok as it's a standard formality AFAIK to have your reasons for leaving formally recorded before going onto CO's.
    I'm giving my CSM the benefit of the doubt as he's not the sharpest chisel in the box...
    Cheers Gents.