Application fitness test confusion?

mattys

Hello everyone new to this forum!

I came from the Royal Marines forum which sadly is closed now and joined the paras forum which hasn’t been working for a while which not quite sure why!

Just a general query if anybody in here has the answer to or if any careers advisors see this!

Whats the current fitness test for the marines/navy?

Pre covid - PJFT

Covid - vPJFT

I spoke to my careers advisor last week and was told its now

1.5 mile - 12.00

60s rest

1.5 mile - 10.30

(no incline)

On the Navy website it states 2 different options again saying this...

TAKE THE FITNESS TEST​

Before you can join you'll have to pass the Royal Marines’ Pre-Joining Fitness Test, which involves completing two 2.4km runs on a treadmill that is set to a 2% incline. The first run must be completed in less than 12 minutes 30 seconds. You will then have a one-minute break before completing the second run in under 10 minutes and 30 seconds. This time is the absolute minimum requirement, and the expectation is that you will record the best

• Pre-Joining Fitness Test (PJFT)​

This involves completing a 2.4km run on a treadmill within a certain time, at a fitness centre near you

On the Royal Marines Facebook page theres others being told..

vPJFT then into 5 pullups at a Nuffield gym

So confused on this matter what is actually true and what is not.

Jackthedusty

Midshipman
Hi Mattys, the process has changed from what you have quoted above. Virtual PJFT+ will only happen on very limited occasions. Those candidates based in the UK will take the fitness test at an Authorised Gym. If you have an application running contact your AFCO and they will give you the new guidance

Latest Threads