Application cooldown

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MustangTC, Jan 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Just a quick question:

Should I fail at any stage in my application as a Warfare Officer, how long will I have to wait before I can apply again?

2. If you marginally fail AIB then you might get asked to reapply the next year. If you pass AIB with a score too low to get a place at BRNC within 1 year then you can generally attempt a higher score in the following year.

As for the rest, you'll have to wait for someone who actually knows something to turn up to answer that.

Obviously, if you fail on medical or security grounds then you probably won't get to reapply. Although this depends on the exact nature of the medical or security issue.

I read almost everything I know about it from this thread

It's a long haul, but well worth the read. There is also a reduced version of that thread as a sticky but it doesn't contain as much of the discussion surrounding AIB.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated, if you do fail at any stage of the process you are told why & what options if any are open to you with regard re-applying. There are so many variables, that it's best just cracking on with it & facing that hurdle should it arise.
  4. Ok thanks guys.