Application change to submarines

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MeNaCeR, Apr 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Recently got my start date and I am very pleased although recent changes in my life now leave me wondering If I should have gone for the submarines. Does anyone know if you are allowed to change over? It's not an issue as quite frankly I am happy with either.

Thanks in advance,

MeNaCeR

2. What trade are you going in as?

Woo, then No.

I'm sure if you want to transfer to boats later it shouldn't be a problem as long as you are qualified/suitable?

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

3. Thanks for your reply, I am joining as an ETWE.

4. If I were you I'd stick to surface fleet and come over to the dark side later if you still feel like it. If you join as a submariner there's no chance of the surface fleet, especially during Phase 1 and 2 (except under exceptional circumstances) plus you'll be in Faslane unless they get independence, in which case you'll still be in Faslavatory until the powers that be decide what to do.

5. Anyone who joins up now will still probably do there entire career in Faslane.
    Salmond says the UK government will change there mind on sharing the £ in the event of the yes vote. Just as he would on Faslane shutting in the event of a yes vote.

6. Salmond will do the quickest U turn in modern politics where Faslane is concerned, should he become the Scottish Fúhrer.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated above, General Service joiners can easy switch to submarines, whereas those joining as submariners cannot switch the other way for a minimum of 5 years. If you are certain, tell your AFCO now, if unsure, stay as is.

Whatever you choose - good luck.

8. Thanks again everyone for your information!