Application being moved ahead?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AndyStano, Jun 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

I took my RT in March, applying to join as an MA, just recieved a call from my AFCO today to advise me that they are ready to move my application along and asking me to pop in to see them to complete some additional paperwork, only problem being is that im going into hospital next week for an operation on my knee which will leave me unable to complete my PJFT for 6-8 weeks, i could pass it now even with the injury but im just worried that if i have to delay i may go to the back of the q again?

I was just wondering if anyone could shed some advice on whether i would be able to take my PJFT as soon as fit again or will i have to wait for another chance now??

hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for any info

2. Why didn't you ask the AFCO when you got the call?

3. I thought it better to speak face to face when i pop in to see them on Friday, but in the meantime was just after some advice form anyone on here

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In general terms you cannot usually be passed fit at the AFCO medical examination, following successful surgery, for periods of up to 12 months after, depending on the procedure & the outcome. Some surgical procedures can in fact be a bar to entry.

Give your AFCO a call to clarify.

Best of luck.

5. hi, dont know what type of surgery you are having on your knee, i had key hole surgery back in 2009, i was told i had to wait 6 months, then ask my doctor to sign me off and my phycio to sign me off, all in all took about 1 year to get the all clear to start my aplication. but as youve said you have already started your aplication you may have to wait 6-12 months for your medical then you PJFT.
    hope this help, good luck with the outcome ,

6. cheers pal, yeah its keyhole, ive had it done twice before but they have only just noticed what the problem actually was, and they have told me its minor and my knee should be good as new6-8 weeks afterwards...heres hoping, thanks for all the advice guys