Appeals - after medical phone call

Ronald Avy

Midshipman
Hi there,
I applied to join the Royal Navy Reserves, and had my phone call from the Triage Nurse went through the questions that she asked.

My application isn't going to be allowed to proceed because of a medical issue I have. I had as a child Anorexia (this was 18 years ago when I got over it). I am not trying to 'ask for a waiver' but the nurse on the phone implied that I might be able to get someone on the appeals to look at me, as an individual case, and may be able to pass me fit even if she couldn't. - is this possible? She said that 'I can't look at you as an individual but through appeals they can'

Also the guidelines given after the recruitment tests seem to have got rid of 'Anorexia and bulimia' part of the list of medical conditions that bar entry.... where older documents have it on...

I don't want to get my hope up if there is no chance of it.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N A Throw back to medical appeals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Medical Rejection & Appeals Health & Fitness 0
C MEDICAL APPEALS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
stokers64 Appeals to air crewman medical rejection. Health & Fitness 3
MoD_RSS Exam appeals: The Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP writes to all headteachers and college principals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appeals based on mock exams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reassurance for schools and students on result appeals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency appeals for information on abandoned trailers in Bromsgrove MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fisheries Response Fund (FRF) appeals process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual publishes more details on appeals and confirms autumn exam arrangements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary appeals to everyone to stay calm and carry on the good work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA to examine water regulator’s price review after appeals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA response to Ofgem letter on regulatory appeals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeals: land at Chiswick Roundabout, Junction of Gunnersbury Avenue Great West Road, London W4 (ref: 3180962 & 3173208 - 19 July 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First two planning appeals following the Rosewell Review process decided in record time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM appoints new Chair of the Security Vetting Appeals Panel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Investigatory Powers Tribunal appeals route introduced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Boost for drivers as government backs single appeals service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New online service launched for PIP appeals MoD News 0
M PMU Appeals ? Health & Fitness 2
FusionJCE Non-Food Allergies - Experiences and Appeals Health & Fitness 5
P TMU process of appeals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
trelawney126 Whose funding all these appeals Current Affairs 4
B Baby P council official appeals against sacking Current Affairs 30
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B CAPITA MEDICAL Joining the Royal Navy 39
MoD_RSS Deos: delivering faster and better mobile medical screening MoD News 0
P What’s assessed on aircrew medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS MOD delivers 10,000 items of critical medical equipment to NHS MoD News 0