Appeal to rejoin

tbfyb

Badgeman
I’m writing my appeal letter soon to hopefully be allowed back sooner from when I pvr’ed earlier this year. Can anyone point me in the direction who to send it to/any addresses or do I just take it to my afco In the hopes they’ll send it to commander t? Thanks

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think that tbfyb only started Raleigh in March 18, is there not a couple of years at least before you can reapply?

WreckerL

War Hero
It used to be DO's discretion, when I either DUDT'd someone, or they PVR'd, it was mainly 6 months, 1yr, 2yrs or never, depending on the reason they were going.

tbfyb

Badgeman
It used to be DO's discretion, when I either DUDT'd someone, or they PVR'd, it was mainly 6 months, 1yr, 2yrs or never, depending on the reason they were going.
would it be possible to, if they agree, to get a 6 month/ a year cut short so I could join earlier than I was told?

tbfyb

Badgeman
36 month, I have a friend who got the same time as me he appealed and he’s allowed to go back next May so that’s why I’m wondering

Last edited:

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
36 month, I have a friend who got the same time as me he appealed and he’s allowed to go back next May so that’s why I’m wondering
If you have DAOR then there is officially no time limit to rejoin, so you can reapply at any time. But the fact you have would suggest the Service wasn’t for you and you might need some time to think it over.

The fact you’ve said the ‘magic number’ of 36 months, would lead me to suspect you have been DUDT’d. You would then have to let the 36 months elapse, before you can reapply and it will only change in exceptional circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbfyb

Badgeman
No it was a pvr, and it’s not that the service wasn’t for me it was I had quite a lot of stuff happening back home and it was just the wrong time but it’s all calmed down now and I now know I’ll be better suited there

tbfyb

Badgeman
I was also told by commander T that if I feel like I could make it through training I’m the future to write a letter to him or whoever’s in charge at the time

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
I have literally just DAOR'd someone today and I can tell you with a 100% chance that the good book (BR3) states that there is no minimum time to reapply. I have also checked this with her indoors who works in the careers service. So, there must be some other circumstances that I am not aware of/you don't want to disclose that have warranted your 36 months bar for re-entry.

Pop into your AFCO and tell them of the situation and that you feel you would like to re-enter the RN and go from there. Nothing wrong with writing the letter and handing it to them or if you are feeling paranoid, send it to the AFCO recorded delivery with a cover note.

tbfyb

Badgeman
It was a early leave before the 4 weeks like I said cause stuff was going on at home I suppose that would change it? I have the certificate of discharge and letter incase the afco staff need it anyway

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
It was a early leave before the 4 weeks like I said cause stuff was going on at home I suppose that would change it? I have the certificate of discharge and letter incase the afco staff need it anyway
As above then shipmate. See your AFCO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If you left after attesting, but before the first four week opt out window actually opened then it wasn't a Discharge as of Right, hence the 36 month recommend.The contract required a minimum of 4 weeks before allowing a PVR from week 4 to week 26.

I was also told by commander T that if I feel like I could make it through training I’m the future to write a letter to him or whoever’s in charge at the time
Which part of this is causing confusion?

If the Training Commander told you that you could write to him/her to appeal, then it's a bit obvious who you write to, to appeal.

The AFCO will otherwise go off the wastage return (stating 36 months) unless you can produce a letter off the Training Commander stating he/she will let you back sooner. The Training Commander's address is at the top of the letter advising the individual of the return period.

If you have lost the letter sent by the Training Commander, the address of the Training Commander at HMS Raleigh, is Training Commander, HMS Raleigh, Torpoint, Cornwall PL11 2PD.

Is it just me?

RabC

MIA
If you left after attesting, but before the first four week opt out window actually opened then it wasn't a Discharge as of Right, hence the 36 month recommend.The contract required a minimum of 4 weeks before allowing a PVR from week 4 to week 26.

Which part of this is causing confusion?

If the Training Commander told you that you could write to him/her to appeal, then it's a bit obvious who you write to, to appeal.

The AFCO will otherwise go off the wastage return (stating 36 months) unless you can produce a letter off the Training Commander stating he/she will let you back sooner. The Training Commander's address is at the top of the letter advising the individual of the return period.

If you have lost the letter sent by the Training Commander, the address of the Training Commander at HMS Raleigh, is Training Commander, HMS Raleigh, Torpoint, Cornwall PL11 2PD.

Is it just me?
Deep Breaths......
And relax.