Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apparently, the front fell off.

JamesH

Lantern Swinger
No, it's not one of those septic boats that are falling apart, this is much more serious.

It seems that at least the environment wasn't harmed.

Linky - 5.5Mb video download. (don't crash my bandwidth guys!)

James

Topstop

War Hero
JamesH said:
No, it's not one of those septic boats that are falling apart, this is much more serious.

James

I think he`s right, the front fell off :dwarf:

PINCH

War Hero
Topstop said:
JamesH said:

James

I think he`s right, the front fell off :dwarf:

Yep the front fell off,

and it was not made from paper or sellotape, or cardboard.

and the environment only had fish and water and 20,000tons of oil.

The front did I think fall off

onions

GCM
Sounds like a tanker called the "July Star". Her front "fell off" close to Malta. After hailing her and getting no response, Eskimo was detailed to take her in tow and head for Gib. A couple of days out from Gib, after a tow taking God knows how long, she was turned over to tug who took her in to Gib. First and only time I got "Salvage money". But I never found out the full details of how she lost her bows or what happened to the crew.

Semper Strenuissima.

RabC

MIA
Guys these are a pair of Aussie comics who do this kind of thing on a regular basis. There is also a clip where they discuss the problems caused to whales and dolphinsby seismic exploration.

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
I have seen these 2 Aussies before. they are the Oz equivalent of Smith and Jones (as seen on out TV's many yrs ago).

Still had me in stitches... very funny.
WHO SAID AUSSIES HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOUR - after all they gave us Danni minogue - Kylies ugly sister......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomahawk Apparently the sinking of the General Belgrano caused the Falklands War Current Affairs 11
trehorn I'm in the Junior Navy - apparently! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 124
Rumrat Well I'm a Wimp apparently Diamond Lil's 20
TeddyT BBC is for dummies, apparently. The Quarterdeck 6
Z Apparently no soldier is a hero... Diamond Lil's 43
D 7 astutes apparently Submariners 1
D Apparently... The Gash Barge 11
Shakey It's going to snow apparently. The Quarterdeck 24
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: An inspection of UKVI’s ‘Front End Services’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding supports community front line work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to front line staff providing essential banking services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 3D printers band together to help the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rotherham man who stabbed mother in front of young son jailed for longer MoD News 0
soleil Telegraph: "Royal Navy To Halve Number Of Staff At Headquarters, As Sailors Are Redeployed To Front Line Roles" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Coasts on the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Burial Service Held on the Western Front for a Soldier of the Essex Regiment and his Comrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BURIAL SERVICE HELD ON THE WESTERN FRONT FOR TWO UNKNOWN LONDON SOLDIERS OF THE ROYAL FUSILIERS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regenerative Medicine at the Front Line: Demonstration Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regenerative Medicine on the Front Line: Collaboration Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Latest battlefield forensics could save lives on the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regenerative medicine at the front line network event - information pack MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator themed competition webinar: regenerative medicine at the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson calls for a united front on North Korea at... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator Innovation Network Event: Regenerative medicine at the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Autonomy on the front line: Defence Minister announces world-leading UK... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Autonomy on the front line: supplying Armed Forces on the battlefield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Beginning of the end for Daesh as Coalition opens second front MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Book comp: With Churchill at the Front Competitions 18
matt93 Commando Reurn to the front line Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
dapperdunn Commando: Return to the front line Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
soleil "Helmand - Diaries Of Front Line Soldiers" - 40 Commando The Corps 1
MoD_RSS News story: Front line Army chef commended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Faith on the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British forces deliver the goods to the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Miniature surveillance helicopters help protect front line troops MoD News 3
soleil Herald: "MBE For Pilot Who Crashed In Front Of Prince" The Fleet Air Arm 11
SONAR-BENDER Front bottom picture The Gash Barge 7
Blackrat All Quiet on the RR Front Diamond Lil's 118
soleil Pompey News: "Medics Lottie And Lianne On Front Line Duty In Afghanistan" The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy Merlins mark ten years on the front line Current Affairs 1
labrum MOD website front page news... Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Royal Marines return from injury to the front line Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Royal Marines chefs feed the front line Current Affairs 0
D MAs on front Line combat? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Iconic Sea-Front Dinosaur Torched Current Affairs 37
soleil Navy News Not All Quiet On The Heston Front Aboard Turbulent Submariners 3
soleil Express: "Military Declares War On Home Front Fiddlers" Current Affairs 3
K Red One: A Bomb Disposal Expert on the Front Line The Book Club 0
soleil Guardian: "Women On The Front Line: The Right To Fight" Current Affairs 18
fishhead All Quiet on the Afghan Front? Current Affairs 31