apology...

lauralovestodig- i work as a landscape gardener for sheffields wildlife trust during my free time from study. i am but an architecture student.

as far as getting anyone into trouble or making a serious complaint. NOT MY INTENTION. if i were to complain you can believe it would be through the appropriate channels.

i decided to put the racism post up, perhaps foolishly, out of interest not malice!!
But yes maybe i should have stuck to 'bell bottoms, thier place in a modern force-discuss??'

if i upset anybody i apologise

laura

not sure when,70's i think. us bigger buggers had 7 creases, 1 for each of the 7 seas we ruled. the 3 stripes on collar were for nile,copenhagen and trafalgar.

I was told it was the 7 seas but if you was a shortarse you had 5 creases for the Oceans.As far as i have found out the stripes were purely ornamental and nothing to do with the 3 battles of nelson.

gentlemen.......I would refer to your No's 1's

surely we still wear bell-bottoms......but only for ceremonials?

yours

oikinton-smyth AB RNR
ps my father said it'd make a man of me.

my dad told me the only reason they wore bell bottoms was because it is easier to take them off over the top of your shoes... i have the feeling he might have been lying now i am a grown up.

revenge- yes i am going to make him saulte me when i am an officer

Seadog

War Hero
If I'm not mistaken, this is Current Affairs. Laura's apology is appropriate and welcome. Thereafter the thread degenerates. Take it to the Quarterdeck or 'Lil's please.

lauralovestodig said:
lauralovestodig- i work as a landscape gardener for sheffields wildlife trust during my free time from study. i am but an architecture student.

as far as getting anyone into trouble or making a serious complaint. NOT MY INTENTION. if i were to complain you can believe it would be through the appropriate channels.

i decided to put the racism post up, perhaps foolishly, out of interest not malice!!
But yes maybe i should have stuck to 'bell bottoms, thier place in a modern force-discuss??'

if i upset anybody i apologise

dearest laura - an apology does no harm but I for one do not feel you need to apologise - the day we can't debate things is the day we ought to shut up shop and go home. Let's face it the reason these fora exist is to give people a voice they are not able to express in the workplace or elsewhere. So thanks - but well done. A hotly contested topic is a successful one in my book - well done - hope you go far

K

laura

jesse650 said:
gentlemen.......I would refer to your No's 1's

surely we still wear bell-bottoms......but only for ceremonials?

yours

oikinton-smyth AB RNR
ps my father said it'd make a man of me.

I dont think so !!!!!!!!!!!

Think how fake-looking the uniform has become. Jacket zips up and the bow is now a pre-sewn thing (it's no longer a tape you tie yourself - the bow comes ready made now). It is attached to the silk which clips inside your jumper. :? Add to that the '70s flares and you get a not very matelotish looking thing...

sulzer

Lantern Swinger
Bell bpttoms: Uniform trials of the "new" type of square rig unform werre started in mid-1972. About 6 types were offered including one similar to the Dutch pattern. I think in 1973 a vote was taken and the present pattern of uniform was adopted as being nearest to the seven seas bell bottoms.with little change to the milk churn lid.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Diamond Lil's 26
C The Gash Barge 40
Good_CO Site Issues 8