Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ripper, Dec 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, i would like to apologise for my pathetic little comments that i have been making and i would like to say my sorry. I have been revising and it does give you a little confidence boost! I did a test a couple of days ago and i got 68% which i am pretty pleased about. I am going to wait a week or 2 to try again.

2. You are going to wait A WEEK OR TWO????? There is more than one test out there, go try all of them!! Then your scores should go up, on your first attempt, which will give you a better indication of you actual performance. The second attempt of one test will always show an improvement!

Feck sakes!
  3. I have done tests before i did this one!!

4. But I ask again, WHY WAIT 2 WEEKS??
  5. Get thee to a library and book out psycometric testing and IQ books. Although not identical to the tests I'm sure they will start to turn your brain on a little. One test of 40 questions every other day will improve you.
  6. wait 2 weeks for the test i have just done to do it again so i don't remember the answers?
  7. Ripper

Mate come on at this rate you will NEVER make it. You need to be taking multiple testes per day, not waiting 2 weeks so you forget the answers to the ONE you have. Think about it mate, does the Navy really want someone who forgets what he is trained to do in 2 weeks??????

Look I appreciate that you are nervous but this is the bit you have to overcome IF you really want to get into the RN, if you can't hack a test how will you react when the general alarm sounds and the pipe "Fire, Fire, Fire, fire in the FAMR" is made? Will you as a member of the SSFP run to it or away?

These tests are designed to put you under pressure to see how you react, so far I haven't seen any imporvement as all you want to do is ask pointless questions of how you can do this, that and the other without really listening to any advice given.
  8. ripper, you have already been nominated for COTW for this week, keep it up and you are in with a shout for next week aswell.

Keep taking the test's and time yourself for each attempt, the more you practise the better chance you have of obtaining high enough marks for your chosen branch.

You may even suprise yourself and achieve a mark that gives you an even better choice of trades.
  9. Is the consumption of testes proved to increase grey matter? :twisted: :)
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Deary me, casting one's mind back a day or two:

I call wah (goldfish memory or terminal stupidity). :wink:
  11. Interesting logic.

Ripper - practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. I'm only a little further than you in the application process but if you really want to get in, I suggest you use that 2 weeks to do more tests.

I'm sure you don't want to fall at the 1st hurdle so get studying!
  12. Mate i know how you fill, i said before. I failed 1st time and what i did was study 2 - 3 hour each night.

Good luck.
  13. Ripper,

That's good. But remember to practice questions against the clock. This is very important. Try to simulate test conditions as close as possible to the real thing.

Learn your multiplication tables so you can say them off by heart. Maths is so much easier once you know your times tables!
  14. As a bloody Chelski supporter I'm shocked you can even spell Grey
  15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. If you were 100% serious about getting through, you would not have even asked this question. Do you want to pass or not?
  16. Course i want to pass!! I have always wanted to be in the RN!!! You dont understand how i feel :( Ripper
  17. He's a PISS ripper.
  18. :lol:
  19. From where I'm sitting poor "Jack-The-Ripper" seems the type who would have great difficulty in passing wind.

Unbridled ambition. :roll: