Anyone's son at Raleigh this week?

Sara850

Midshipman
hi
Son joined Sunday and we had a brief text saying "I'm here and ok". That was Sunday.
Not heard a thing since and am really worried as its not like him. His girl friend has heard nothing either .
I know they are busy but is this normal? Worried sick !

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
You'll mostly hear when he is down, He'll wind you up telling you how awful it is, then things will get better and He will forget to tell you. There are several other Mums on the forum, no doubt they will be about at sometime to give you the benefit of their experiences.

zulujools

Badgeman
Hi there, my son is in week 6 at Raleigh. Like yourself we also got a message saying he was there on the Sunday and the next time we heard from him was the Thursday night at about 21.30, so you may hear from him tonight. He will be really busy this week and next week so please don't worry. You will probably hear from him on Sunday after church too. Look at it this way - no news is good news. I also had a stress moment this week regarding a 2nd kit warning so you are not alone. :)

Sara850

Midshipman
Thanks.
I know it's ridiculous but I'm thinking all sorts of stupid things!
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I feel a bit better now

Sarah xx

Pvivax

Badgeman
hi
Son joined Sunday and we had a brief text saying "I'm here and ok". That was Sunday.
Not heard a thing since and am really worried as its not like him. His girl friend has heard nothing either .
I know they are busy but is this normal? Worried sick !

Text on Sunday?? You were lucky! We never even got that! He'll be fine , he's just very busy. As others have said , you'll hear soon enough if anything's amiss.

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
If there is a genuine issue then you will know very quickly via the Staff (if he is under 18).

I know it is hard but you need to realise that silence doesnt mean things are going wrong. Give him space to do his training

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
If there is a genuine issue then you will know very quickly via the Staff (if he is under 18).

I know it is hard but you need to realise that silence doesnt mean things are going wrong. Give him space to do his training

Zeb

Lantern Swinger
It's surprising how busy they can be and I agree no news is good news but being a mum of an under 18 year old I got three lots of bad news :D
As Zulujools knows they have a lot of phone bans in certain divisions :) hope you hear soon