Anyone Starting at HMS Raleigh this September?

Hello! I'm curious to find out how many people will be starting in September (2017)? The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to get to know some people before we arrive, I'll be starting as a Steward Apprentice!

Thank you!

I know of two others, both from the forum, they're starting later September though. Usually if you start a thread people comment after a day or two (unless of course your thread gets highjack by a few of the older vets who like to steer your thread off course).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I hate to derail a beautiful friendship being formed...

But I think one of you is joining the RFA, one of you is joining the RN!

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
RFA CT's don't go to Raleigh they start at Collingrad.
Anglycyn - Stewards, cooks and deckies will all start the same day at Raleigh. Don't fret about getting to know people, it's part of the Sunday evening ritual. You go there with a bond with one other already formed it can isolate you from all the other newbies.
Just relax, I wrote everyone's name down as I introduced myself, with their home town as well.
Within 24 hours you'll know everyone no probs.

Hi,

I just processed an application after attempting to apply to the Royal Navy. I am just awaiting a phone call. What is the initial phone call like?
Never had a phonecall beyond one from local AFCO to arrange the RT.

The next step after that is with your notification of results (RFA candidates aren't told directly after the test like RN candidates), if you score highly enough to proceed, there's a couple of forms to fill in and return - a character enquiry form (criminal convictions etc) and a supplementary application form, the major part of which is 'Why the RFA and why the branch you've applied for?'

I also attached a covering letter to this... RFA doesn't recruit many people per year and often have dozens and dozens of applicants per place, so you have to do your best to stand out.

After that, it's a waiting game for the paper sift for the role you've applied for - where they decide who's getting invited down to Portsmouth for interview. Could be many months depending on which role you've applied for. RFA recruitment should be able to give you a timescale.

Never had a phonecall beyond one from local AFCO to arrange the RT.

The next step after that is with your notification of results (RFA candidates aren't told directly after the test like RN candidates), if you score highly enough to proceed, there's a couple of forms to fill in and return - a character enquiry form (criminal convictions etc) and a supplementary application form, the major part of which is 'Why the RFA and why the branch you've applied for?'

I also attached a covering letter to this... RFA doesn't recruit many people per year and often have dozens and dozens of applicants per place, so you have to do your best to stand out.

After that, it's a waiting game for the paper sift for the role you've applied for - where they decide who's getting invited down to Portsmouth for interview. Could be many months depending on which role you've applied for. RFA recruitment should be able to give you a timescale.
I see. I already took the RT when I applied to the Royal Navy and I understand it is a transferable test. I applied for the Engineer Apprentice in the RFA. I am simply wondering because I have just now got an email saying "RFA cell will give you a call as soon as possible".

I see. I already took the RT when I applied to the Royal Navy and I understand it is a transferable test. I applied for the Engineer Apprentice in the RFA. I am simply wondering because I have just now got an email saying "RFA cell will give you a call as soon as possible".
@Canoe is correct, it was a bit of a lengthy process as they can be picky. However, I got a letter and mainly communicated via email. They'll probably contact you within 24h/48h.

It appears I have not heard anything yet (no call, email or letter) and I applied a little over a week ago. Should I be concerned or is it possible that the RFA recruitment are obtaining my previous RT test results and undergoing admin work?

It appears I have not heard anything yet (no call, email or letter) and I applied a little over a week ago. Should I be concerned or is it possible that the RFA recruitment are obtaining my previous RT test results and undergoing admin work?
If crossing over from RN to RFA I can't really give you an accurate answer, it would be best to contact them! However, the recruitment process for the RFA can be quite lengthy so there is probably no need to be concerned!