Anyone Passed their interview for the 2014 intake yet?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by 77DEEPS77, Sep 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright chaps and chappettes :)

has anyone passed their interview for this years intake yet? any pointers you can give, also did you find
    out at the interview if you were successful or did you have to wait for a letter?

thanks in advance for any info you can give.

im off down to Portsmouth on tuesday night for my interview thursday 18th
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Which role? Look through the threads within the RFA section as this has been covered a lot of late.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  3. Any roll to be honest shipmate :) im just interested to hear about anyone whos been down already and maybe passed. be a very Very! nice ride back to scotland if i managed to find out there and then if im successful but i have a feeling it might be a letter :p .
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You won't find out there and then. They will complete all interviews and notify applicants via letter.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  5. Yeah thought as much. You in the RFA at the moment?
  6. I have had my interview for SG2, I was told that I should find out sometime in October :)
  7. Happy days Emma, i have my fingers crossed for you :) i shall let you know how i think i got on on Thursday
    when i get back friday :D
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks good luck to you too :)
  9. Anyone heard anything yet from recent interviews.??
  10. Well, I had my interview for CR2 on Monday 22 Sep. Finished my interview at 1200hrs and went straight to the Ship Anson for a few ales to calm my after-interview nerves. I was told it would be around 2 weeks before I hear of anything, good or bad:(
  11. So likely to be early October when we hear?

Good luck mate.
  12. Yep as far as I'm aware it'll be early October before any of the September interviewees will hear anything.
  13. Not long now then.
  14. Thank you mate, hope all goes well for you too!
  15. Hello all

My interview for steward/catering was on the 9th Sep 2014
    On Friday gone I received a letter from the RFA confirming that they are provisionally offering me employment subject to health and medical checks. Start date (all going well) the 12/1/15. As it's a provisional offer they advise not to resign from my current employment.

I am over the moon, I revised loads, probably too much as I wasn't asked all the questions that I thought I would have been asked.

All going well I am off to sea for a new life!! I couldn't be happier!!
    • Like Like x 5
  16. I'm over the moon for you. Well done. Shows that the hard work and preperation paid off for you.

As CR2s were first week and also last week of the interviews it's probably gonna be another week or two for us.
  17. Thanks goose. I really can't stop smiling. Best news ever. A real sliding doors moment with endless opportunities!

Good luck everyone
  18. I bet. Good on ya. Life is all about chasing your dreams and being the best that you possibly can be. I hope you have a long and happy career in the RFA and hopefully I will have some good news soon.
  19. Totally agree Goose, it's a real dream coming true and a new life! I've been trying and waiting to get in since 2009. This is my third attempt.

I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you. It meant a lot to me so I know how much it means to you.

Be positive and it will happen
  20. Thanks mate.