Anyone know where he is?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by ticklishrodent, Mar 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Old mucker of mine Boots Da***son
    used to be at 71 Ac Wksp in Germany in the mid-late 80's
    LAEM at the time

Named Boots as he had the biggest 'plates of meat' ever seen oh and was a buhdist

any info?

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Was said chap an Irish gingger?

3. No he was a well spoken gent who said he was from Harrow area Blonde hair

4. There was only one "Boots". Have enjoyed a few sherbs together out in Weymouth whilst on the 815th back in the mid-90s. He went outside, while I was deployed, but have since found out he's selling insurance in the Bournemouth area. Not much help, but may be the clue you were after?

5. There was only one "Boots". Have enjoyed a few sherbs together out in Weymouth whilst on the 815th back in the mid-90s. He went outside, while I was deployed, but have since found out he's selling insurance in the Bournemouth area. Not much help, but may be the clue you were after?

6. The Boots I knew was at Portland in the very early 80, prior to that he was on the Junglie cct. I doubt its the same Boots that you are after. I swear no-one knew his first name not even his wife coz everyone called him Boots

7. Sorry only Boots I ever knew was a wafu sparkie name of Boots Wellington. He was an extremely fit bloke and ex FAA gun crew. it was roumered that one of his divisional officers had written in his docs "This man has the body of a Greek god but alas the brain of a Greek ass. Not very complimentary. He was one of the nicest blokes I ever met.

8. Belay my last!
    I now have reason to believe he's working as a civvy crew chief at Middle Wallop.

9. Belay my last!
    I now have reason to believe he's working as a civvy crew chief at Middle Wallop.

10. Was that an echo? :lol:

11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

No - either unsubtle way in increasing his post count or alternatively, jobs turn over at Middle Wallop very quickly, but he's still there! :)