Anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'History' started by SJRM_RN, Jan 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I went for a cycle this morning along the Exeter canal and came across this vessel. Now to me it looks distinctly 'military', maybe a patrol vessel or something?
    Can anyone shed any light on what it actually is, I am intrigued to know...

2. looks like one of the smally RAF air sea rescue launches....
  3. I can't see your phot's at work but if it's the same one as on flickr I'd say it was a WW2 MTB.
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

5. Let's buy it!
  6. Bagsy QM...
  7. Bagsy MEO.
  8. Bagsy greenie

edited to add why buy it. just nick it. They can't have anything on the Exe that could catch us.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  9. Given the combined experience of the members of RR and the general gashness of today's ill equipped RN, I reckon we could make a decent living carrying out private ops for rich people.

A bit like a floating version of the A team.
  10. Bagsy Gunbuster.
  11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Damn !!! Beat me too it.
  12. In case T42S hasn't hasn't already bagged it as the back end gunner I'll do it
  13. CO - obviously ;) (and presuming neither Guns or Sep86 want it!)
  14. ROMFT members could come and take pics of it once restored and play ship spotters, me for ships cook BTW.
  15. Used to be a similar looking vessel tied up by the bridge outside Thorpe station in Norwich, used by the sea cadets I think.
  16. Shotgun DHP/Gashparty.

17. Ooh,oooh - I live on a marina in Spain! Bagsy Ship's Manager. I can arrange parking and money exchange, football trips and even (drumroll) a trip to the local RUM DISTILLERY!!!!!

Then, it should only take a few hours down to Gib for 'The Hole in the Wall', Cally Pally and all sorts of other exotica.

Golly gosh - I'm SO excited!! :slow:
  18. Hole in the Wall is gone. No more chicken fighting.
  19. I don't suppose I could come as
    A/ Passenger.
    B/ RPO.:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:
  20. WRONG (I think!). The Hole in the Wall was there a couple of weeks ago, or at least, the building, door and sign was and it still had opening hours posted. Sadly (or not!) I was back off the Rock before it opened (2100?).