anyone have a s3049 form pre july 13?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by markbae, Oct 10, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning all.

Im up this late trying to look for my copy of the s3049 form. Carnt find it anywhere!

I joined in oct 2012 so need the pre july 2013 form. Would be really gratefull if someone could send be one.

Thank you.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Thank you.

Could you clarify something for me then please?

Reguarding the 12 month notice. I am sure it says on this form that you can give 12 months notice after 2.5 years after completing your professional training or after 6 months whichever is sooner.

I am an AET been in 3 years and not enjoying it.

Thanks for all your help.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Your TCOS requires you to complete the SITP for your branch, then complete 30 months Return of Service - after which you can submit 12 months notice to quit. You can quit after serving 4 weeks, up to week 26, after which the RoS applies. In other words, if you don't quit within six months, you must complete the minimum term.

The SITP is listed in BR3 in the reference library on the RN website - it's on the eligibility matrix.

What don't you like about the job, as a matter of interest? Is it related to lack of sea time or the arrival of a frontline seagoing draft?

5. Thanks for getting back to me.

I could of sworn there was a condition that said the thirty months starts from the sitp or the 6 months pvr date. Whichever comes sooner.

I dislike been on a squadron. Id rather be at home or away as in abroad.

Thanks for all your advice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

No worries, I'll upload an old style s3049 tomorrow (if my aged brain recall functions correctly :) )

7. Haha. Great, that would be much appreciated :)

8. Ninja_Stoker

Who-hoo! I remembered.

SITP for AET is 14 months.

Therefore, if you don't wrap in the first 6 months and are over age 18, you must serve 14 months SITP + 30 months Return of Service + 12 months notice = 56 months

Attached Files:

9. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

My favourite bit was when Ninje asked if you wanted to get out because of lack of sea time LOL...

10. damn it! looks like I'm stuck :-(

11. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

You take your chance when you choose your branch...

12. Ninja_Stoker

My tip? We all go through periods self doubt with regard our careers - go with the flow & aim for advancement/promotion. I did this & when the time came to submit notice, I'd changed my mind.

The only other option is to put your underpants on your head, a pencil up each nostril and only say the word 'wibble'. It never fails.