Anyone else waiting on Capita?

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
I understand this has probably discussed before and I’ve heard how Capita are quite infamous for taking their time with things. My application has absolutely flew through until I was made TMU during triage. My GP surgery sent off an invoice to Capita a few days ago, until this is processed they can’t release the medical info needed for me to move forward.

I am wondering if anyone has recently, or is currently, stuck in limbo as well? Also, exactly how long does it usually take for the invoice to be sorted and the info finally released, received and processed by Capita? Obviously the virus is further slowing this whole stage so I understand there’s a backlog. I’ve been told 40 days for the invoice to be sorted. Is this 40 days from actually sending it or is it 40 days from Capita processing it on their end to my GP receiving payment?

Appreciate any input since I’m growing more and more restless the longer I wait.

devilish

My med records application was at the GP for 9 weeks. Not sure if that’s the norm these days, or whether my practice or Capita aren't very efficient.

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
Understood. I suppose every time scale is different. This is pretty much the last step for me until I get a start date so it’s just a case of waiting and chasing up Capita and my GP every week. I just hope there aren’t anymore snags along the way.

fishhead

War Hero
Just about as long as Capita has been involved people have been complaining about the standoff between them and the GPs over payment for sending the medical records. Capita say they'll pay when they get the goods while the GP's say they won't send anything until they are paid to do so. The person who is the subject of this wrangle apparently is the least of either party's concern.
The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that eventually the problem is resolved. Who blinks first I do not know but good luck with your particular case.
PS some people have been advised to write a nice letter to the Practice Manager asking for their help as the standoff is wrecking your career prospects. Depending how hard nosed they are it might just break the logjam.

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
Just about as long as Capita has been involved people have been complaining about the standoff between them and the GPs over payment for sending the medical records. Capita say they'll pay when they get the goods while the GP's say they won't send anything until they are paid to do so. The person who is the subject of this wrangle apparently is the least of either party's concern.
The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that eventually the problem is resolved. Who blinks first I do not know but good luck with your particular case.
PS some people have been advised to write a nice letter to the Practice Manager asking for their help as the standoff is wrecking your career prospects. Depending how hard nosed they are it might just break the logjam.
Tempted to ring next week and do exactly this or just offer to pay for myself. Capita haven’t actually arrived at the point of even processing the invoice yet when I rang them but I’ve got a bad feeling it’ll come to it and they’ll just refuse to pay until GP send docs.

photface

Lantern Swinger
Tempted to ring next week and do exactly this or just offer to pay for myself. Capita haven’t actually arrived at the point of even processing the invoice yet when I rang them but I’ve got a bad feeling it’ll come to it and they’ll just refuse to pay until GP send docs.

I just paid for it myself. Got it done really quickly. It wasn’t that expensive and in the long run saved me time!
This is not to say that it is the correct way of doing things, I just wanted my application through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
I just paid for it myself. Got it done really quickly. It wasn’t that expensive and in the long run saved me time!
This is not to say that it is the correct way of doing things, I just wanted my application through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same feeling here. I just want things to move forward. Been about two weeks now so I’ll just pay it myself if the GP won’t release the info. Cheers.

Supportive Dad

Lantern Swinger
My son had to request his GP send info to Capita. That took 2 months. It has been with Capita for 3 weeks now. Yes, it all seems to be making a meal of some pretty basic exchange of information.

Supportive Dad

Lantern Swinger
He has just been informed that his GP records are fine. So that review took 3 weeks. I assume the face to face medical will follow then the fitness test. Looking very positive now.

mick1199

Lantern Swinger
I assume so. Three weeks is reassuring I suppose. I’ve just paid the fee myself and the GP say they’ll send the documents today. Would’ve been quicker delivering it on foot. I’ll chase up Capita next week but fingers crossed my medical docs should prove I’m fit.

Latest Threads