Anyone else joining as a Writer?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, Jul 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Simple question just as the title says. I have passed everything and I am waiting for my start date for Raleigh. Just wondering, who else is waiting to join as a Writer and also how long ago did you start your application?

Thanks.

2. giving orders already?officer material definitly :D

3. Where?

4. Hmm, a :homework: and a :chef: about to have a Virtual punch up.
    Time for :happy1: and :eek:ccasion5:

5. Is there a smiley for a left-handed dry ****? If so, that's what I'm going to do.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

JJ: Haven't you got a batman to do it for you..?! :?

7. Yeah, but Gurkhas have rough hands.

8. JJ is Batman, I got a snap during his last "outing".

[​IMG]

9. Snakey little buggers too.Bloody well shot at me once. 8O

10. Obviously flew into the fcukin window on his last "outing" :D

11. He was looking for his oppo Super Blackrat :D
    [​IMG]

12. I hope you're not related to the "other" Deano

13. Im joining as a Writer, passed everything too. Started my application in December 2009. I now have my RNAC on the 2nd August.

I havent been given a Raleigh date yet, but been told by my AFCO its looking like it should be this year.

How about yourself?

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Simple answer, because I am.

Just (today) had an entry date allocated for one of my candidates, a Writer, joining at the end of November this year. The individual passed the Recruiting Test in Nov 09, Medical same month, PJFT in Dec 09, Selection Interview was cancelled by the individual in Jan & passed in Feb. Security questionnaire completed & returned in March, entry date requested. Notified today of entry date.

15. They havn't phoned me in a long time.I'm getting the feeling they dont want me back.Dont know why :(

16. Aaaah the memories. East Camp Pembroke, getting filled in on a Friday night in Chatham, the 12 hour trip from Chats to Coventry for a long weekend, with the obligatory stop in Frith Street Soho to get rid of the dirty water for £10.

Happy days.

17. Oh sorry I thought you were talking to me.So you dont want to speak to me either :crying:

18. Hi,

Im also joining the navy to become a writer. I have my RNAC later this month, but ive bin told that a specific joining date can not be said yet, there is a 9 months waiting list that is all they could tell me. When did you start your application and have you been on a RNAC??

19. Hi

I finished the recruiting process last week. I got told summer next year as a rough start date. My CA is booking the RNAC for me for August or September.

20. Please could you wanabee Writers desist........ You are all going to be SCRIBES :wink: :wink: simples