Anyone brave enough to admit they remember "The Creep?"

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by jesse, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :dj: Back when "This were all fields" and my dad had his first of many apopletic fits on seeing my yellow socks, D.A.hairstyle and crepe soled shoes:evil4: ;- about the time that 2 Badge Mango bought his first Guy Mitchell 78
    There was a dance also a song and instrumental called The Creep.I think the instrumental was by Stan Kenton but will stand corrected. Well, I've had the tune in my head for fcuking days now and I cannot track it down on Google, Jeeves or Youtube. I know it exists. Can anyone help me with a link please?=\\\\\\\')

2. Married her daughter!

3. :blob5:
    :blob5:Yes YEs YEs, Sweetpea you have done it again and brought back a lot of memories to a 71 year old Teddy Boy, We did not have P,C.s and only basic gramaphone thingies Danset was a high tec breakthrough, ask 2 badge or Granny, But!! We had the best music:blob5:If we ever meet I owe you a gallon of champers.:heart::heart: I've got it bookmarked. xxxxxxxx

4. Jesse, I am so glad to hear that you now have The Creep. :wink: I have to agree with you, the music back then was fabulous. During the few years that I attended boarding school, I would escape to my Grandfathers home at the weekends where I would play his records - mostly Dance Band music, Stan Kenton, Charlie Barnet, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Perez Prado and the like - I grew up listening to them. :icon_smile:

SP.

5. Wrong again Jesse! By 1954 most of my GM 78s were nearly worn out, and I'd met up with a rather nice girl who I took a real shine to.
    She's sat watching some crap about dancing (on TV at the moment), while I've retired to my "den".
    2BM

6. Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm an unashamed fan of Sinatra. I have 141 different albums (33.3). I remember well Henry Hall's Guest night and Happidrome. 'We three in Happidrome, working for the BBC...Ramsbottom, Enoch and me' (Mr Lovejoy). Does that make me officially 'old' ?

8. :notworthy:Me too I remember them all; I.T.M.A,[ Can I do you now Sir?] Educating Archie [ Thats a good idea son!] Life with the Lyons, Rays A laugh, Cheerful Charlie Chester[ Down in the jungle living in a tent, better than a prefab no rent] The Adventures of P.c. 49, Journey into space, Riders of the range,:geek: And the greatest of them all, pause for fanfare;- Dick Barton Special Agent!!!:notworthy: All mother had to do at 6.45 p.m. to call us in was to turn up the signature tune. Lets not forget Two way family favourites,. nor The BIlly Cotton Band Show[ WAkey Wakey" ] This fcuking nostalgia aint what it used to be.:sad2:

9. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

And Much Binding in the Marsh, and Round the Horne ..

10. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Paul Temple and Steve, and not forgetting the scary Valentine Dyall...'The Man in Black', telling his weird stories.

11. Carol Levis and his Discoveries: Monday Night at Eight O'Clock. Henry Hall's son did his National Service in the navy. Had the odd run ashore with him We spent the night in an army cell somewhere in Scotland having missed the last Liberty Boat to Implacable. Danced in a large number of places in this world to Sinatra.-Brilliant. The last time was when we lived in Spain Went to a Spanish do with band and they played and sang Sinatra type songs in English. Remember Edmundo Ros. He was at the do, as he lives in Javea. He was a hundred a few weeks ago

12. :slow:
    How could I forget Paul Temple and Steve? The signature tune was "Coronation Scott"
    There was also a serial about a Canadian Mounted Policeman Can't recall he title but the
    signature tune was "Gentille Alouette" Anyone remember the title? Nostaliga rules O.K.:-D:sleepy2:

13. Wasn’t “Round The Horne” a later version of “Beyond Our Ken”?

Who can forget Dame Celia Molestrangler, Cecil Snaith, Rambling Sid Rumpold and Julian and Sandy.

Remember listening to those and Forces Favourites during Sunday lunch? Usually roast beef because chicken was more expensive.:-|

14. It was silence round our table at Sunday lunch as my Dad was a fan of "The Navy Lark", left hand down a bit and all that.

15. Yes, The Navy Lark, of course. Never thought then that we would take part in our own version of that later in life, did we? Well, I didn't:slow:

16. Blowin me bugle in Plymouth Barracks. There I was buglin the whole time buglin

17. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Are we allowed 208m Radio Luxemburg with fresh-faced DJ Pete Murray?