anybody?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gazza82, Jul 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello
    Is anybody on this forum in the Seaman spec branch?
    I have my interview on the 12th jul and would like to get more info on the branch.
    I got all the AFCO info and read it just wondered if someone could tell me how life is in this branch which tasks etc.. Stuff it doesnt tell you in the booklet basicly.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So long as you've got skin like leather and fingers like marlin spikes, you'll do fine!

:lol:

3. Gazza,

You will have been told what format you can expect the interview to take - just make sure you have all those sections covered.

Pay particular attention to the Seaman Spec training path - when/where/how long, etc. Know the types of ships/boats the RN operate and what they do, it's all common sense really. Read everything they've thrown at you so far and anything else you can get your hands on.

Try to squeeze some mild humour in too, they like that. But above all - be yourself.

4. thanks to all so far.
    :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

If anyone has more info then please feel free to reply ;) :thumright:

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

more info :thumright:

6. Thanks Ninja mate :thanks: :thumright:

7. From my experience, I would go with the outlook that whatever you say and do WILL have a direct effect on whether you pass or fail.

Tell them the truth, tell them everything they want to know 1st time round, try not to ask them to repeat unless the question was so uncomprehendable that even with a hearing aid you couldn't have heard it.

They will fire off questions quickly and expect an answer soon after. Try not to umm and errr, if you do, make it very short before answering.

Look them in the eye, research your job role, HMS raliegh, trade training etc.

Its not too difficult and focuses a lot on your background and life.

Cheers.