Anybody passed PRMC and goin in2 recruit training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by steadman07, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I passed prmc at begining of october and i am going into recruit trainin on the 19th november any1 goin in at this time or has any1 got any really useful advice for me any info would be great as i am about 2 enter a whole new world of hurt :thumright:

2. Hello

Congratualtions, I take it you cant wait for the Parachuting :lol:

3. Keep your head down, don't gob off about your 6 weeks in the Paras and you may survive CTC with your sanity fairly intact.
    Now if you'd have passed and served as a Para then you could stand by! :thumright:
    NZB

4. yes i am going to do my jumps course and i am gonna keep shtum about bein in the paras coz on my prmc my nickname by the pti's an section commanders was "oi dirty stinkin f##### para" ha ha cheers 4 the imput lads :)

5. My bold: You probably wont mate. The Corps does send people on the basic parachuting course, but normally if its specific to their role (ie: UKSF, ML etc). Although Booties were able to request this course in the past, restriction with aircraft being used on ops means that even the Paras are struggling to load guys on the course. There have been instances where both regular and reserve lads in the Paras have deployed on Operations as Penguins, so I dont fancy your chances of it much as a Royal Marine.

Good news on your decision to try out for Royal though. If you dont mind me asking, why did you opt out of training with the Parachute Regiment to join the Royal Marines?

Edited to add: Good advice from NZB

6. i got stress fractures week 4 an carried on goin 2 week six got took off an exercise and got put into falklands platoon (same as hunter) an just got depressed then they put me back in trainin week 3 so i stayed on to week six again but by this point my lads were gettin ready 2 pass out so i just sacked it off an D.O.R my way out anyway i was abit 2 young too go in any way and i hadnt really seen much of civvy street as i was only 16, seventeen am 20 in 4 weeks and my birthday falls week 2 of trainin LOL :thumright:

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done for passing the selection.

I'm not a Royal Marine however my advice is certainly echoed from currently serving ones & ones that are currently trying to re-join the Corps:

It's important to accept, as with Para training, that it is often the case that you may be unlucky enough to pick up an injury again.

As long as you remain focused & accept the fact that everybody feels dejected when back-trooped, then with the benefit of maturity, you can succeed. The way to look at it is you're still getting paid - if you leave, no matter how far into training you may get, then wish to re-apply, you start at the very beginning.

As has been already stated, there is only a remote possibility of undergoing parachute training at present.

Good luck.

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I reckon I've still got stress fractures on the top of my feet, buckle down, crack on and remember the fcukers can't make you pregnant. Good luck.

9. are you in are ya blobby m8?

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

No, trying to get in things as much as possible though.