Any updates on the waiting times?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ANDY_224, Jan 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, was wondering if there had been any change in the waiting times? I had been keeping an eye on the previous sticky thread on the waiting times and just interested if there's any updates? particularly AC branch? cheers for any info.

2. Hi Andy.

Best thing to do is speak to your AFCO.

Murph

3. not sure on waiting times, but a fellow facebooker has received his start date!! Early may! Lucky sod!

4. Which Branch is he going into?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Is this an Officer applicant I wonder?

So far as I'm aware (happy to stand corrected) but RN ratings entry dates for this year haven't been announced yet, or rather I have't heard of any yet - it would be interesting to hear of a specific start date & trade or perhaps the individual has been told that entry dates will be allocated for May onwards & perhaps mistakenly believed they had been given a start date.

When a ratings start date is allocated, they should be in receipt of a 'provisional offer of service' letter with an 'accept/decline' chit to sign & return. If there's no letter, there's no official start date. It maybe worth double checking otherwise I anticipate floods of enquiries & floods of tears.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  6. Its for the 8th of May. Not sure on the trade yet though..... i'll have a bit more nosey :)