Any tips for RT on wednesday?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by richards8610, Oct 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my RT on wednesday, any tips for the run up to the test?

2. Biggest tip. keep an eye on the time. Answer what you can do then go back and take a guess at any you cant or spend time working it out.

Any time left check and double check.

Good luck :D

3. I would suggest if you can't answer a question within a few seconds, move onto the next.
    If you finish with time to spare, go back and see if you can come up with something for those questions. If you are really stuck and are learning to one answer, put it down. Better to guess and have a 1 in 5 chance of getting it right then a 0 in 5 chance.

4. Yep, prepare at least two weeks before you go.

5. Don't get bladdered the night before, have an early night use the practise booklet.

6. Here are the Answers

A
    B
    C
    A
    B
    B
    D
    A
    A
    C
    C
    D
    E
    E
    A
    D
    D
    B
    B
    C
    A
    D
    E
    E
    A
    A
    D
    D

7. I'm pretty sure the answer to the second last question is actually B, not D.

Remember, that even though there a four separate papers, they all have the same letter answer. Means you only need one marking grid and, in these days of cutbacks, that means savings in the region of £2-3 NATIONWIDE!

8. yep sorry just double checked the answer sheet my mistake :D

9. If you're slow at times tables, write them down during the practice exercise.

Work out degrees on a clock, eg. 15 mins is obviously 90, 30 = 180, etc, but work out 1 minute and 5 minutes too. There may be a series of questions about it and it saves you working it out on the day, when you only really have time to do the adding up.

Like others have said on here, it cannot be reiterated enough how crucial timing is.

And don't pick up your pencil without being told!

10. nice tips :) cheers

11. Yeah premature manipulation of the pencil is a big no no as several seem to have found :p

12. Revise, get decent nights sleep the night before, get up, decent session of hand to gland combat, and off you go relaxed, cheerful and ready to pass

13. I think this is the most important piece of advice you will receive so pay attention to it (especially if its a nig fcuk of bootneck administering your test!)

Oh and good luck mate.

14. [​IMG]

DONT PANIC!!!!

15. Passed! :)

cheers for ya tips :)

16. Well done mate. Pleased for you.

[​IMG]

17. Good lad.

18. Good job. The wait begins.

19. Well done mate. Now join the queue. And no pushing back there!