ANY TIPS FOR INTERVIEW PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by LFC1984, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI EVERYONE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS FOR ME AS I HAVE MY INTERVIEW NEXT WEEK. I AM GOING FOR ETME SUBMARINER. ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to Rum Ration

The Ratings Selection Interview breaks down into 5 areas:

Home Background (All about you, where you've lived, who you live with, your partner, your family, what you do to help at home & your health)

Education (All schools & colleges attended, your favourite & least favourite subjects, attendance, punctualty, clubs, societies, sports teams.)

Employment record to date (All jobs, current financial situation, why you left jobs, how you get on with people you work with)

Hobbies & Interests (What makes you tick, including fitness preparation, whether you belonged to any out of school organisations such as cadets, Ju-Jitsu, swimming, footbal, golf etc., Pre-Joining Fitness awareness. Can you swim? Are you aware of the armed forces drugs policy?

Your motivation (Why you want to join, what do you know about the job, how long is your contract for, what's your wages, how much leave do you get, what is your attitude to discipline/authority, Time away from home/family, Experience of Responsibility)

Under the last section we want to be sure you know what you are letting yourself in for & what background research you have done, for RM candidates a good level of Corps knowledge is expected.

Top tips are: be early, dress smart, be yourself & relax. If you are delayed- ring your AFCO before you are late, rather than roll-up late and be turned away.

Good luck.

3. I CANT REMEMBER WRITING ANYTHING ABOUT ASKING FOR ANY ENGLISH GRAMMAR LESSONS. IM LOOKING FOR SOME SERIOUS ANSWERS.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Look behind you![​IMG]

5. I was not mentioning grammar, I dont take the piss about grammar because mine sucks.

But no need to abuse your capslock, makes you look rude.

6. Seems like a wind-up to me :)