Any Tips For HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ginger_Bawz, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there,

Im 17, and leave for HMS Raleigh on the 17th of june, and im currently working my way through a bitch of a kitlist. I just wondered if anyone on RR had any useful tips for going to raleigh. Any input would be amazing!

P.s: Is it true its a bad idea to wear anything other than Yfronts for PT?

All the best,
    Sean

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Stop taking drugs pronto Lofty!

The list explains it all.

Call your AFCO if you have any queries.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'd reccomend flip flops with your Y fronts as essential stepping out rig for a jolly in the gym...

Best of luck.

4. Ninja_Stoker

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. If you are going to wear flip flops and Y fronts for gym do not forget to freshen up your make up and shave the hair off from under your arms.

Seriously the best advice is listen to your instructors, they do know best.
    Before opening mouth engage brain, that way you may stop yourself from saying something stupid.
    If you do not understand something DO ask for it to be explained to you again. You will not look stupid and chances are if you didn't understand others did not either.
    Enjoy your time and learn to both take a joke as well as give one.

6. Think id get pressups for my big ginger bollocks hanging out ? That could be worth doing just to post back in 2 months...

7. You're learning already Ginge :)

8. Ninja_Stoker

Eeeeew, what kind of person are we allowing to join nowadays? 8O

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Dont forget to kiss your PTI at the end of every session and skip off saying "chase me, chase me big boy" they appriciate a bit of good natured banter and fun.......honest

10. thankfully ive got a cracking scottish sense of humour. (No i dont shag any kind of woollen animal life!)

Any ETWE's on this forum? I hear its a new branch...bloody went and joined it :p

11. You don't, then you're going to hate Raleigh :)

12. Ninja_Stoker

Almost as may contradictions in one sentence as "Army Intelligence Officer"

Well done :lol: !!!

13. I think he means "Pongo Binocular Observer" Isnt that what they call a chav intel officer nowadays?

Ehm, just out of interest guys...Is the navy life good after all the training? Give a sense of meaning and all that tosh? Or should i have become a car salesman?

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

15. Watch out with this one!
    Unlike car salesmen who know nothing about the product they are selling, sometimes, in the RN you will required to know your job.
    In any case you are not committing to it for life.
    Just go in with open eyes, do what you are told, be where you should be at the correct time (it used to be 5 minutes before the correct time, maybe it still is).
    Use it as an opportunity to learn.
    There must be something in it otherwise a lot of old codgers like me wouldn't be reminiscing on this forum.

16. Ha! You're funny, I like you. We'll be there at much the same time, so see yer then!

But do make sure your balls are tucked away. 8O I am a bashful lady. :oops:

17. Ninja_Stoker

It is, you're right. Good advice.