Any Stokers about to leave the mob, or not long left PM me

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by H.M.S, Apr 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The company i work for is currently looking for people that have trades. I left in 97 as a scale B stoker. The job is in the nuclear industry. i started with the company last june and earned just short of £50k in that time and i went on a 2 month holiday to the far east in that time too and was NOT on the pay roll as it was unpaid leave.

PM me for details but if you are over 40 the chances of getting the job are slim.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Re: Any Stokers about to leave the mob, or not long left PM

So one minute your calling jack and jill a bunch of cnuts, the next your trying to recruit them........... 8O

3. Re: Any Stokers about to leave the mob, or not long left PM

I called the people that sold thier stories mate. NOT the general community.

4. LOL. This was the reason came onto the board this weekend actually. Not to get involved in the debate over the hostages lol

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Its naked radiation decontamination isn't it! No wonder the pay is reasonable. :lol:

I didn't respond to your post on the current affairs thread because it has been done to death, my reply would have been sarcastic nonetheless. I and many others don't agree with your position having seen through the propoganda spewed by the politicians and gutter press it is fairly obvious that the two were hung out to dry, how ever displeasing their remarks.

That being said this isn't current affairs and would have probably been a better first post for you! Welcome and enjoy!

CT

6. Cheers. LOL

We're only naked under the suits we wear. I don't do the decontam, but others do in our team.

7. Piccies please! :p :D :D :wink:

Slut of Civvyland.

PS: Welcome on board. Don't forget your lifejacket... it may come in handy!

8. BTW the few that asked if you are over 40 forget it please.

9. Yeah...what use is anyone over 40 years of age eh????....... :crazy:

10. Careful toots, old stokers don`t fade away old FFO makes sure of that!!

11. Re: Any Stokers about to leave the mob, or not long left PM

Presumably the diversity regulations don't apply then ;)

You can't bar someone on the basis of age any more, unless of course there is an auditable justification.

If, on the other hand, that's just friendly advice based on what you've seen then I'm sure people appreciate the heads up that they might be disappointed.

12. Re: Any Stokers about to leave the mob, or not long left PM

saying if you are over 40 the chances of a job are slim is against the law pratt

13. He's just giving some friendly advice surely ?