Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any sound technicians out there

NotmeChief

Banned
I don't mean sparkers, but someone who know about sound systems.

I have just watched the X-Factor and have never ever heard such poor quality sound. Were they actually using the microphones they were holding?
It sounded as if we were hearing the sound through the speakers, it was totally crap.

That plus the fact that the rubbish ones hid behind the backers so they couldn't be heard is another story.

seafarer1939

War Hero
I know about sound systems from my jazz trio and I can only suppose what you are hearing on the box is not what you hear in the hall.
Bass speakers have a way of drowning everything out and feedback from the treble is just as annoying,but you would have thought it would have been set up correctly for the network.
I know nothing about TV acoustics but when we set up we place a band member at the rear of the hall[pub generally!] to get it right.
I don't watch the X Factor but it looks as if it was poorly set up.
Sometimes it's an advantage to use the sound system to drown the singer[generally me!] can't help much I'm afraid.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS No lecture - just sound advice for students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: The sound of Mars MoD News 0
BillyNoMates It dosen't sound the same. The Gash Barge 22
soleil Mail: "Breaking The Sound Barrier, Ejecting At Low Level - A Test Pilot's Day" The Fleet Air Arm 2
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Sound & Lights Technician - Holland The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
OhSoCescyBaby Don't mean to sound dumb... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Bergen Plymouth Sound Diamond Lil's 32
A Starting to sound like a real Navy!! The Gash Barge 4
WhizzbangDai Americans sound off about the RN The Quarterdeck 18
D Want a place to sound off, without a reply? post here....... The Quarterdeck 126
lukep BNP sound like a good bunch to me.... Diamond Lil's 92
W Asthma and aircraft technicians Health & Fitness 1
Ninja_Stoker Direct Entry Petty Officer Marine Engineer Technicians - Introduction Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 394
P More details about Communication Technicians Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
DemobJob Ex-Military Engineers/Technicians required The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Jobs in Australia: Experienced Diesel Technicians The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
E Medical Technicians Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
angry_mac Engineering Artificers and Engineering Technicians wtf? The Fleet 9
sgtpepperband Navy Technicians Get to Grips with the Jackal Current Affairs 3
J Communication technicians The Fleet 2