Any snipers want to comment?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by montfish, Oct 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Not sure if this is in the manual???

2. He just doesn't want to be shot at?.....a non - sniper guess

3. maybe the guy with the ear defs on tripped and fell over, and the canny sniper saw a potential firing point. 2s up on being the duty human shield tho!

4. Don't know how practical that would be, the minute he lets wind, it will throw off the trajectory of the bullet...hmmm will need a 3" wedge to make sure that never happens....(Damage Control close up....;) ) :dwarf:

5. Hope the flash eliminator is good cos if some one fires at the flash the extra ******** will take some explaining :eek:mfg: :bootyshake:

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My researcher advises that this technique is indeed in a manual.

Nothing to do with sniping, mind.

7. Looks like a head shot to me :thumright:

Have a nice day
    IDOITDEEPER

8. I didn't realise that was covered in training these days. :thumright:

9. The 'bench' boy certainly has a worried look on his dial.

10. I was reilably informed by a colour stripey that this is a gen technique from "the good book" but only for the GPMG. There are others as well that involve getting your oppo into strange and wierd positions. Not sure it'll be getting used in Afghan very often right enough. :whew:

11. Depends on who will be taking the return fire!

12. These jokes from some of you lot are the chaddest yet. :toilet: :dwarf:

13. F@#$ that for a game of sojers, the reverberations through the ringpiece from the snipers gat would be bad enough, from a GIMPY it would feel like your ricker had had a visit from 3 Para Mortars. :thumright:

14. Getting the "windage" right could be a problem...........

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Following on from NZB's observations, one would not like to guess improvised firing techniques adopted in the absence of a mortar base-plate.

16. I wonder if he farts at the same time as firing, it will ignite the shite gas?...that would be some muzzle flash! :)

17. **** me crap hats will sleep anywhere

18. Sniper to his oppo, "Right a bit".

19. Its true - I have photographs somewhere of a similar version of this technique with a GPMG, but a bit less homo!!!

Funnily enough although its not used often (or ever :dwarf: ), Aghanistan would be an ideal place for it. If you require a stable platform to provide fire support and say your in long grass/reeds so cant get down into the prone positon, its a quick and more accurate than shooting from the hip.

I will get my coat now.