Any O Boat collectors??

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by janner, Jun 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

2. These collect them - give a good price too:

3. Too bad he ruined the set with this:

Like why even bother putting something that is unrelated to "O" Boats and their crests... :roll:
  4. Trot sentry is in serious kaka over this, where the hell is he.. :D
  5. Polycell must still be turned in - otherwise it would have been snapped up by now :wink:
  6. Is it okay for anyone to sell items that have Royal in front of it?

Other then say the Royal Navy, I know we have a canteen manager of sorts who looks after the sale of naval items depicting HMCS on them...?
  7. janner

Otus and Opportune at Pounds yard, a few years ago now
  8. Those badges look a bit like the ones you used to get 100 for a quid or something...plasticky/polystyreney with a sticky back thingummy wotsit (I've used up today's quota of technical terminology) - shame - might've been vaguely interested. 8)
  9. janner . I remember those too. I also remember the U-boots he refused to move. A funny old firm that sailed a bit close to the wind on occasions (gunnery directors spring to mind) but they seemed to care about the kit in their yard. It was a bit more than just scrap. Still, we don't want a a dirty scrap yard spoiling the Portsmouth culcher experience, do we.
  10. janner

11. Zap stickers is the term you are looking for I believe!
  12. Yes Zap stickers.

Many games were played on a run ashore with them. i.e. the highest point you could get one in a pub. Also something to check for behind a headboard of the bird you were banging.

Also on fish patrol we used to give them to the skippers of the trawlers etc, we boarded if they were good and the tradition was if they received one from each fish patrol ship they got a bottle of nice whiskey from us.
  13. That's the ones!!

Although I've still got some old little half inch square things with "HMS Olympus party till you puke" printed on them.
  14. Yea right-not!