Any MMA in the navy?

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Seaman-Spec-Kris, Feb 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I now theres boxing but i was wondering if theres any Mixed matrial arts. That go on or even some Brazilian juijitsu.
    I train mma at home in aberdeen so just wondering if at the off chance of there maybe being a club near HMS raleigh for MMA sonce that is where i shall be for roughly a year and a bit?

Cheers all

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. Cheers. Yeah just wondering if anyone had any experiance withthem and stuff. Also if theres enough time during your basic and/or professinal training do go to these clubs. My professional training i beleive is at raliegh as well. As i am joining as a seamn spec.

cheers

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, not what you said. You asked if there are any clubs near Raleigh, not whether people had attended any... :roll:

Also seems your boxing training has made you 'punch drunk' as your grammar is atrocious! :wink: :lol:

Anyway, I doubt you will have much time for MMA during Part I/II of your Basic Training to do any off-camp activities like this, as you'll be very busy preparing kit, etc. And Night Leave is granted as a privilege, once you have achieved certain criteria. However once you have 'Passed Out/In' you may have more opportunity to attend MA classes at the clubs listed.

:thumright:

5. In a rush mate. Pardon my grammar didnt realise it was an issue on a forum. My bad.
    Thanks apreciate the info.